Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anderson Silva: Like Water Documentary

• 29-02-2012 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Documentary was leaked a few days ago.

Anyone watch it?

Thought it was sensational, the final scene was really class.

Nice insight into the spider as well, even more pumped now to see him deliver a whupping to chael.

Silva really is The King. Phenomenal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

horsemeat wrote: »
    Documentary was leaked a few days ago.

Anyone watch it?

Thought it was sensational, the final scene was really class.

Nice insight into the spider as well, even more pumped now to see him deliver a whupping to chael.

Silva really is The King. Phenomenal.

Where could I watch/download this?

The man is a walking legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Ya its probably the best mma documentary ive seen, a great strory behind it (the fight with Chael)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Found it , gona grab me some popcorn ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Class! Will have a look for it, pop up a link if ye can. I think my fav thing about MMA is the documentaries leading up to fights rather than the fights themselves :P

That was easy -

http://www.putlocker.com/file/D4D598294AC42ABC#

Gonna watch this gem later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Malolan

Rob01, PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dave92

it freezes at 56 mins any other links??:confused::confused::confused:

its ok I got it working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

will have a look here lads, doubt it will top the smashing machine though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

The documentary was quite good and it got me really excited for the rematch with Chael.

They should make films like this about every fighter in the UFC, I'd watch all of them :).

It was a great documentary. Liked the part where he freaked out at his student for performing poorly....not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

It was a great documentary. Liked the part where he freaked out at his student for performing poorly....not.

Agree. Good Documentary but if anything my distaste for Silva has grown, still reckon he beats Chael though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The documentary was quite good and it got me really excited for the rematch with Chael.

They should make films like this about every fighter in the UFC, I'd watch all of them :).
    I'd say the majority of them would be boring and fairly crap tbh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Does it mention his fights with Leites or Maia at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

It would surely have been better to have the docu featuring more from the side of Sonnen than Silva. Silva was generally surly, lazy and uninteresting.
    Silvas pre match advice to the fighter he cornered was ridiculous "Kick only when i say" lol. Real premiership manager mentality from the sideline stuff, as if all their shouting and gesticulating at that stage will make any real difference!. However it was some of the best parts of the documentary, shocking to see yer man still get a bollocking as they were in the communal corridor.

It would surely have been better to have the docu featuring more from the side of Sonnen than Silva. Silva was generally surly, lazy and uninteresting.
    Silvas pre match advice to the fighter he cornered was ridiculous "Kick only when i say" lol. Real premiership manager mentality from the sideline stuff, as if all their shouting and gesticulating at that stage will make any real difference!. However it was some of the best parts of the documentary, shocking to see yer man still get a bollocking as they were in the communal corridor.

He did get a pretty bad skinning alright. Yer man he was fighting had some takedowns though. Silva does seem like a really bad coach aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

He did get a pretty bad skinning alright. Yer man he was fighting had some takedowns though. Silva does seem like a really bad coach aswell.

Yeah and he was introduced as being Irish that guy, didn't catch the name though.
    Id be surprised when Silvas fighting career is finished he will go into coaching or if he does stay at it for long. Doesn't strike me as the type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Does it mention his fights with Leites or Maia at all?

The bit I saw was the Maia fight and Dana White being extremely unhappy at the press conference later on.

Jaysus this is some boring piece of crap, have ta watch it bit by bit cause its just so dull. Silva is such an unlikable kinda guy. Should have been a half hour job.

Yeah and he was introduced as being Irish that guy, didn't catch the name though.

Jake McKnight. He's 5-4 as a pro.
    Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Its a good documentary..not a great one by any stretch but watchable.

Silva comes across very well in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 SeanieMurphy

ye enjoyed watching it good insight

Advertisement