Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TLD Predator Video Tracking Software

Options
  • 29-02-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

Has anyone used this software before?

http://info.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/Z.Kalal/tld.html

I'm really interested in using it for a project of mine but I don't have the wherewithal to get it up and running and was looking for a few pointers.

Cheers,

Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

Is this for hunting US special forces in the jungles of Val Verde? Fúcking Lizard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

looks like a cracking piece of software. going for beer now but will give it a gawk tomorrow. what type of system do you have OP and what's your level of experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I downloaded the source.
    There's a little bit of C++ and a lot of "MatLab" routines.

So it's not a pure C/C++/Java library you can just call readily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Pretty neat tracking system; however, its applicability to your project depends on the level of complexity that you need. This is further developed from a straight forward tracking device and a cursory glance indicates that it uses machine learning techniques to classify and detect objects.

If you are just looking for a basic tracking device then use a straight-forward Kalman filter or a Particle filter if it is multiple-object tracking. Both are relatively easy to implement.

If you machine learning techniques such as random forests and semi-supervised learning then fire away with Predator. Frankly speaking, as someone who has decent enough experience with machine vision I can tell you that implementing that won't be that easy even with the source code.

Advertisement