Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two new SC judges...

Comments

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0229/1224312522981.html

I wondered why Mr Justice Clarke seemed in such a good mood at GCD last week!

He's always in a good mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

If I had his hair I would be too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Two good choices, although Clarke in particular will be missed from the High Court. Think he's a great guy, always creates a good atmosphere in Court. Also love the way MacMenamin closes his eyes and meditates before making a decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

The pity is that good judges like that are somewhat wasted in the Supreme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Was in Mr Justice Clarke's court for a case one day and loved the way he throws his pen up in the air as he's listening to the evidence :pac: - very nice judge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭McCrack

I'm still waiting on a solicitor nominee! The closest we have had was Finnegan P a few years ago as an ex officio member when he was High Court President.

I thought Michael Peart would get a shoe in this time. I think he would be very deserving.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

McCrack wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on a solicitor nominee! The closest we have had was Finnegan P a few years ago as an ex officio member when he was High Court President.

Finnegan J went from president of the hc to supreme court judge about 6 years ago and retired as a supreme court judge last week. So there's your solicitor supreme court judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭McCrack

My bad Johnny, he was actually a solr for only a short no of years and then switched over to the Bar before being appointed to the Bench.

There has yet to be a solicitor appointee in the true sense. It is something I would like to see happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

McCrack wrote: »
    I thought Michael Peart would get a shoe in this time. I think he would be very deserving.
    There were rumours going that he was in this time around, probably needs a couple more years in the HC, though - will more than likely get the nod in the not too distant future, I reckon.

Advertisement