Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft site review

Options
  • 29-02-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I am a computing student in college studying web client technologies and software development and i was told by my year head that i should make and sell a website so that i can add it to my CV for future jobs. I'm not that great at designing websites tho so i'm thinking of going on in the software sector instead but could i get an honest opinion about a little website i made for my MineCraft server at home, If you were running a MineCraft server what would you think of it? Oh and it also has a fully functioning forum and Admin/Op control panel and profiles with comments...

screenshot.pngscreenshot2.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

cirx08 wrote: »
    I am a computing student in college studying web client technologies and software development and i was told by my year head that i should make and sell a website so that i can add it to my CV for future jobs. I'm not that great at designing websites tho so i'm thinking of going on in the software sector instead but could i get an honest opinion about a little website i made for my MineCraft server at home, If you were running a MineCraft server what would you think of it? Oh and it also has a fully functioning forum and Admin/Op control panel and profiles with comments...

screenshot.pngscreenshot2.png
    what did you write it in?
    were are you studying.I'm in the nix doing cloud computing

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cirx08

I wrote it all using Notepad++ using, HTML, PHP, CSS and a tiny bit of Javascript :P Check it out and tell me what you think? http://www.cirx08.dyndns.org
    Oh and i'm in DKIT doing 1st year computing

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭benbob65

Sorry to say, but the colour setting is dreadful, I would have one look and bounce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Yeah, the single colour text is a bad idea, can't really see it against the background, maybe put an outline on it. Oh, and get rid of the Times New Roman font.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Lose those transparent panels. There's only so many bricks the eye can take :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Typography needs an almost complete makeover. Colours and bricks hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cirx08

Ok guys thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it :P Any other suggestions for the future?

Advertisement