Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

headstone prices ?

• 29-02-2012 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

hi , my father passed 14 months ago but i have only recently acquired the money to be able to afford the headstone & surround . does anyone have an idea on how much that it would roughly cost ? i have around two thousand so hoping that should cover it . any & all help appreciated .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

First off sorry for your loss.
    It can vary from 500 for something plain and simple upto 10s of thousands for the elabarote mausoleum type headstones that are favoured by travellers.

Its really a matter of what you want,dictating the cost.
    Asking how much it will cost for an item that depends so much on personal choice is really like asking how long is a piece of string.
    My advice to you would be decide what type of headstone you want, then visit a few masons/monumental yards and price it up that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Collie2511

You'd be hard pushed to get a headstone for 500.your looking at least double that and the council charge you for permission/foundations this varies from cemetery to cemetery.

We got my grandads one for 1600/1700 mark and it was a nice polished granite one (think they had cheaper ones too).Got it from Tallaght Stone Centre on the Belgard road and found them great because we didnt know what to get and what writing to put on it.They sorted everything for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Are you based in Dublin? If so, try these........

www.lucanmonuments.ie.

Our family have recently started the process of putting my mother's headstone in place - we want it ready for her first anniversary in June. We were quoted 3 grand afaik.

Advertisement