Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Project Management work

Options
  • 29-02-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi All,

My Dad is looking to immigrate in securing employment anywhere except here :), he has all the life experience that goes with the job and courses completed in same.

He has sent out resumes & got a lot of calls but nothing seems to be followed up so I can only assume its his age (61) that is going against him as he would need to be sponsored because he is over the 55 yr threshold for other visas.

Just putting it out there if anyone knows anyone hiring for this particular position, at the end of the day its who you know not what you know!I can send on his resume to anyone interested!

Ta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I cant see how he can immigrate, the age cut off for skilled migration is 50 and for Employer sponsored migration the exemptions only go up to 60.

the only way he could possibly work in Australia is 457 sponsorship but the problem with that is once that visa is up there is no way he can permanently migrate.

the other thing is I find Aussie companies a bit ageist, I would hate to be looking for a job over the age of 55.

I reckon you should consult a Registered Mara migration agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

His only hope is WA I reckon. They are still in overdrive and may hire remotely.

I came over in 07 when it was BOOMING, got 2 interviews literally within minutes of my CV being emailed and offered both jobs next day.

Even then when I rang ahead no one was interested in recruitng from abroad.

I can only see remote hiring / sponsorhip in WA, or in the mining / gas industries elsewhere. WA unemlpoyent is 3% and tipped to go to 2.5% !! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

mazi wrote: »
    Hi All,

My Dad is looking to immigrate in securing employment anywhere except here :), he has all the life experience that goes with the job and courses completed in same.

He has sent out resumes & got a lot of calls but nothing seems to be followed up so I can only assume its his age (61) that is going against him as he would need to be sponsored because he is over the 55 yr threshold for other visas.

Just putting it out there if anyone knows anyone hiring for this particular position, at the end of the day its who you know not what you know!I can send on his resume to anyone interested!

Ta!

Well thats all well and good but we dont know you, you could be a Nigerian prince looking to unlock his $25 million fortune for all we know.
    Also its emigrate. 3rd he is too old.

Advertisement