Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 San Francisco 2012

Options
  • 29-02-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey,

Heading to SF with 3 friends this summer. Looking for a 2-3 bedroom apartment for around $1500-$2000 a month anywhere in the city. Heard that Berkeley is the place to be really but the BART seems super expensive to be travelling in and out everyday. (Like $8 a return?) Would be willing to share big house with others either to cut down on costs! :)

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to find good accommodation because everything we've seen so far is either rat infested or really expensive! Has anyone been before and know anywhere that might be suitable?

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Eddiedoyle1991

Hey,
    Just wondering if you got anywhere looking for a house, me and a few friends are heading over aswell and it seems to be very hard and expensive to find a house, any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Therese92

Did you find anywhere in Berkeley? Myself and a friend need a house to share too for the summer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Therese92

Oh yeah, Padmapper seems good for accommodation but think we're gonna book a hostel for about a few days and try set up a place to live from over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fludlle

Hey guys, We've been in the city for about 5 days now, no luck with accommodation yet, we booked another 2 nights in the hostel which end tonight/ in the morning, then we're pretty much out on the street! Can anyone have us move in with them tomorrow? There's 2 of us! Myself and John Gavin. You can mail either of us or post here or text/ring +14158329529.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭happyclapper

Did you try the irish Immigrant Pastoral Centre on Geary. they help people with accommodation needs? Maybe shoot them a call or get into their office for advice. I think they have a data base of accommodation as well.

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Try craigslist?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Super_Marrio

Thinking of heading off to Berkeley for the summer on a J1 with 2 others, would you guys recommend it in terms of accommodation, jobs, sessions etc. Is it expensive also? Im so lost...

Advertisement