Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP8 live in Dublin

Options
  • 29-02-2012 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Anyone going to this? Could be good fun!! :)

Cybernetics Ireland in Association with The Ministry of Agröculture Promotions are proud to present...

For the first time in Ireland!

XP8 (IT)

Plus Very Special Guests:

DEVIANT UK (UK)

Guest DJs:
    Agro Fi
    DiscMistress Tracey

FRIDAY 9th MARCH 2012
    The Thomas House,
    86 Thomas Street,
    Dublin 8.

Admission is €20 on the Door.

Doors at 8pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I want to go, might not be able to, though. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Bloody heck a Cyber goth band still playing and coming to Ireland!! :eek:
    I've a CD from them buried someplace gathering dust for years.

wandering a little off topic but is Dominion or the Tower or any other gothy
    type nite club still active in Dublin or other places in Ireland ? just wondering
    if there is still an active scene (long gone from it myself but I've fond memories)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

bullets wrote: »

type nite club still active in Dublin or other places in Ireland ? just wondering
    if there is still an active scene (long gone from it myself but I've fond memories)

~B
    I know that Dominion is on every Saturday, at the basement of Murray's on O'Connell street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jenbosaurus Rex

Irish Aris wrote: »

~B
    I know that Dominion is on every Saturday, at the basement of Murray's on O'Connell street.

You should try your best to go methinx it's gonna be a good night! :) and yeah dominion is still on every sat! I dunno how many people go to it anymore but it's still there anyway! And re: cyber goths well where I was standing at rammstein I could spot at least three from my part of the crowd so maybe there's a resurgence! :) hehe!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Last time I was in Dublin it was when Peter Murphy was playing.
    Have not got a clue how long ago that was. Must really keep an eye on gigs
    to see if any bands/artists I recognize are playing in Ireland.
    we had a nice visit from Justin Sullivan from new model army a few years back
    here in little ol Limerick which was great but other than that nothing really interesting
    played here that was gothy/crusty/alternative/differentish visited the place.

I still have a Dominion membership card someplace at home.
    and have fond memories of the times when the likes of Sneaky Bat Machine and
    narcissus pool played.

I missed London after midnight and faith and the muse, A Siouxsie gig I had tickets bought for was cancelled and one
    of my favorite memories of all things goth was the first time I visited "The Tower" night club
    after the Sisters of Mercy gig and met loads of cool people.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jenbosaurus Rex

Last time I was in Dublin it was when Peter Murphy was playing.
    Have not got a clue how long ago that was. Must really keep an eye on gigs
    to see if any bands/artists I recognize are playing in Ireland. we had a nice visit from Justin Sullivan from new model army a few years back here in little ol Limerick which was great but other than that nothing really interesting played here that was gothy/crusty/alternative/differentish.

~B

Yeah well cybernetics are doing their bit in tryna keep the scene going! They had faderhead over last year too! Ya shud keep an eye on who their bringing over! They have a facebook page if ur on there! You should keep your eyes on them fo shiZ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Arquinsiel

The Ministry of Agröculture Promotions are also pretty regular in bringing things over. In the last while, between them, they've had Combichrist, Aesthetic Perfection, Nachtmahr, Covenant, Faderhead and probably other stuff I'm forgetting (too many gigs). Icon of coil next month too. This isn't even touching the oldschool stuff, it's just the stompy-stompy.

There's also Sedition Industries but I've only noticed them having Angelspit and Voltaire over.

And yes, Dominion is running weekly still. Carosel is a monthly oldschool night re-launching on the 30th of March if that's your cup of tea.

Advertisement