Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs near Belfield Bowl

Options
  • 29-02-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Right, I said I'd post this here because UCD's soccer team don't really have that many fans for me to be asking on the soccer forum or foot.ie

Anyway, what's the story with pubs around the Belfield bowl/belfield area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 UCDCommuter

Nearest pub is out on Clonskeagh road but the student club on campus might let you in...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Topper7

With the exception of the campus bars, the closest pubs are in clonskeagh, O Sheas & Ashtons. Both are just off the the river dodder near the apple green. Ashtons is fairly upper class and is probably known better for its food than drink/craic at night. O Sheas is grand, plenty of room, but there wont be much off a atmosphere unless you bring it with you. After that your looking at Kielys in Donnybrook, (which is on the main bus route to town) The goat (if your lookin to stop for a few on your way home) or you could just head into Ranelagh where there are plent to choose from (you will need taxi/bus). Personally if your going with a few lads and can make your own craic Id go to O Sheas.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Topper7 wrote: »
    Personally if your going with a few lads and can make your own craic Id go to O Sheas.

Had a lock-in one time there on a Monday evening, til at least 3am. Great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭gradlife

yenom wrote: »
    Right, I said I'd post this here because UCD's soccer team don't really have that many fans for me to be asking on the soccer forum or foot.ie

The best team to support if you don't like crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

There's also the Merrion Inn opposite St. Vincent's University Hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

There's very few pubs that close to UCD really, as already mentioned the closest two are probably the ones in Clonskeagh and they'd still be a good 15-20 minute walk from the Belfield Bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Thanks lads, I'll check out the college bar and see what the story is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

If there's a couple of you, head to Ranelagh and just split a taxi to UCD, shouldn't be more than 7/8euro

Advertisement