Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did you end up on boards?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I was trying to find a site that sold good boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

44leto wrote: »
    Like all addictions, I was introduced to it at a party, "go on just try it once" now I have lost my job, my family, I am not eating or sleeping properly, I need to go to rehab or boards anonymous.
    Yeah, similar story here - started on a gateway forum (AAM) and eventually ended up on the hard stuff. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Not sure, think I probably just saw it a few times after googling things and eventually just joined. That and boredom. Had some very boring computer labs in first year so needed something to kill the time.
    I'm still afraid to post most of the time because i know somebody smarter than me will reply and make me look like an idiot. I'm not really sure if I've even joined boards yet
    Add a disclaimer in your sig that you're not a reliable source and post away!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

Used to be on a parenting forum but it got very bitchy, someone posted the link for the stingy thread and brought me to boards. I much prefer the craic here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I cannot remember... at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

It was a condition set by the courts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Google.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

jay phelan wrote: »
    Asked a question on Google and this showed up!
    I think that's how I got started too.
    Nobody I know uses boards or mentions that they do, anyway. I just stumbled upon this site. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I found out about Boards by Googling (something about possibly) Storm-Front and up came Boards. :)

Forgot about it, just thought wait this isn't Storm-Front when later Googling other stuff about the RWC up came the Rugby Forum, read through the threads and looked through the site. So then one day I was reading something in AH out of sheer boredom, at this stage I'd hardly been reading Boards at all but I saw something that I thought was interesting and some interesting ideas occurred to me and I decided to explore them so I decided to post.:)

Aren't you all so glad. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

44leto wrote: »
    I came on to the cycling forum .

did they mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

Every time I wanted to know something, I ended up here.... Decided to join after years of lurking. Great people, thanks everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I was looking for an answer to a question that has plagued me for years..

Irish women vs polish women, which is better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Was Googling stuff about the Junior Cert, lurked a bit, signed up but didn't post for a few months and lurked. Decided to post in the odd thread here and there and one thing led to another... I've gone through tonnes of phases now, been a regular poster in many forums, gotten sick of them and migrated to other forums. :P I've fallen in love with and then gotten sick of AH a few times at this stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sineadx

lurking on the leaving cert forum .. cause i care about education :P

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

I noticed that every banal question I asked Google in relation to Ireland led me here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

I just drifted into boards as well. Can't remember how exactly - probably looking up info and stumbled into it, liked it more and more, got tired of being a lurker (which sounded pretty bad) and eventually joined.

Advertisement