Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSS Feed help

Options
  • 29-02-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have been using an RSS feed i wrote with PHP for the last 3 years and all was going well until a certain unmentionable site decided to change how things worked and started to use 'magnet' links instead of the normal torrent links.

Anyway , i tried to recode the RSS feed for this and i keep having the same issue and i cant seem to get around it so anyone who knows about RSS might be able to help me out.

The link im trying to send is like this

[PHP]<link>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7be37ac7f65dc78bf8b115629e60220c637fe0d1&dn=Name+of+the+file</link>[/PHP]

but when i use that i keep getting an error saying expecting a semicolon because i should be replacing & with & ... unfortunately , when i do that , the page displays , but i have no links at all and when i check the source , it looks like

[PHP]<link>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7be37ac7f65dc78bf8b115629e60220c637fe0d1&dn=Name+of+the+file</link>[/PHP]

anyone have any ideas on how to get around this ?

I basically want to make an RSS feed for magnet links with PHP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Try:

[php]<link><![CDATA[magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7be37ac7f65dc78bf8b115629e60220c637fe0d1&dn=Name+of+the+file]]></link>[/php]

CDATA explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DjTaz

Thanks Robert ...
    That works without errors , but still no link on the page :(

Advertisement