Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist in Waterford

Options
  • 29-02-2012 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of any decent dentist in or around the city centre area (cant travel out too far, don't have the time during the day) that doesnt charge absolutely outrageous prices for a check up + clean?

My dentist in Kilkenny quoted me €80....I laughed.

Fairly new to the whole dentist thing, so am I in for a shock or is there anything half reasonable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shalashaska

The 'going rate' for a check-up and a clean in Waterford is €75 in most dentists. You're going to find it hard to get any better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Guess my dental hygeine can wait a while so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Guess my dental hygeine can wait a while so

I use this guy, find him very good
    http://www.waterforddentist.ie/fees.html

Thanks that seems more reasonable, and the location is perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BTID FICKLE

Got mine done last week in ferrybank 30euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Ronan O'Donovan in Ferrybank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Go to hackett down by the park, opposite the fire station, wonderfully eccentric and excellent at his job. He took away my fear of dentists completely

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

thomasm wrote: »
    I use this guy, find him very good
    http://www.waterforddentist.ie/fees.html

Been going here for years. Coudn't fault him.

Thanks for the info all. Booked an app with the one in Durands court today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

kryogen wrote: »
    Go to hackett down by the park, opposite the fire station, wonderfully eccentric and excellent at his job. He took away my fear of dentists completely

Always thought he had the best ever name for a dentist lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Has anyone used Waterford Town Dental, their prices seem very competitive

http://www.smiles.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Noelene Walsh in O Connell Street. Absolute lady! I've been going to her for over 10 years, ever since she was in barronstrand street (over Mulligans). Not an ounce of pain and absolute breath of fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Has anyone used Waterford Town Dental, their prices seem very competitive

http://www.smiles.ie/

I have and found him great! Can't remember his name sorry.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

michellie wrote: »

Dr Jacek Chmielewski by any chance?

There are two others listed on their website too

Dr George Dumitrescu and Dr Philip Christie. I had a consultation with the first Dr, I found him very good, he spoke perfect englist and explained everything to me. I was given a treatment plan with a detailed breakdown of all costs.

Id love to hear first hand from others that have used Waterford town dental before I decide to go ahead with any treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Aquos76 wrote: »
    michellie wrote: »

Dr Jacek Chmielewski by any chance?

There are two others listed on their website too

Dr George Dumitrescu and Dr Philip Christie. I had a consultation with the first Dr, I found him very good, he spoke perfect englist and explained everything to me. I was given a treatment plan with a detailed breakdown of all costs.

Id love to hear first hand from others that have used Waterford town dental before I decide to go ahead with any treatment.

It was Philip Christie! Lovely man

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sportsfan31

It is now called gdental there based in waterside.george has gone and jacek is there now .avoid the place. They might be cheap but the treatment that I received from jacek was a disgrace. What was a free check up cost me 500 euro.and weeks of pain

Advertisement