Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foot steps on the landing

Options
  • 29-02-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

this has happened a number of times. but last night was the first time my partner heard it at the same time. we both looked at each other and said someones on the landing. i check on our kids who were both asleep. we have lived in the house for nearly 6 years now so know every noise the house makes ie radiators cooling down and all the other normal sounds. a little back ground our 1 year old son died at xmas 2006. but we are not hearing things and always saying its our son and using it as a comforting thing. i hope ive explained my self clearly as writting is not a strong point.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Hi there, sorry to hear about your loss.
    When did you first start noticing the footsteps?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭darrcow

hi started to hear footsteps on and off for the last 3 - 4 years. there has been other stuff but these although strange could have an explanation. we have had a number of photos taken and an orb or dust particle has appeared on the photo. the most convincing was taken at my daughter christening when we noticed it on the photo we took everybodies cameras and check there pictures taken at the same time and there was nothing on these. i hope this isnt coming across as im desperate for a sign my son is with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Not at all, is there any other time when the footsteps co-incide with family events, such as birthdays, anniversaries etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Sorry for your loss :( Having lost 2 babies myself ( miscarriages ) I know the feeling of wanting signs to know their with you. My first loss was 2008 and the second was 6 weeks ago.

I do get signs that my first is around. You would feel the tugging on the trousers and footsteps and things.

Talk to him as if he is in the room with you, when you hear the footsteps acknowledge that you know it's him and that it doesn't scare you and it may increase. Just his little way of showing you he's around I reckon. :) Once your comfortable with it you may get other little signs.

Look for little signs, not big ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

Whether it's your son or not, take it that it is. Embrace it and let it make you happy. Talk to him, and never let it scare you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

set up a camera??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Is your house a semi-detached or terrace house , depending on constuction in a lot of houses you can hear foot steps on the landing next door especially at quieter times it would be more noticeable. Is this a possibility?

Being honest - don't look for any explanation. Just take it as possibly being your son and try to get some solace from that. Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭MeadhbhL3

Hi There, I am desperately sorry to hear of your loss. There is no other pain worse than losing a child.
    If it comforts you to believe that it is your child with you, then that is great, to seek solace from it.
    But if it is bothering you and you want to know more about it, you can pm me and we could take a look at some pictures you have and talk to you about it.
    Again, only if you wish.
    All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

this idea of taking solace for the sake of it is problematic for me!

• Advertisement

Is your house a semi-detached or terrace house , depending on constuction in a lot of houses you can hear foot steps on the landing next door especially at quieter times it would be more noticeable. Is this a possibility?
    our house is semi detached. the walls are very thin so can hear alot from next door but the last foot steps came from our landing

MeadhbhL3 wrote: »
    Hi There, I am desperately sorry to hear of your loss. There is no other pain worse than losing a child.
    If it comforts you to believe that it is your child with you, then that is great, to seek solace from it.
    But if it is bothering you and you want to know more about it, you can pm me and we could take a look at some pictures you have and talk to you about it.
    Again, only if you wish.
    All the best
    the whole thing doesnt bother me. will get photos of other laptop and i will forward them to you as i would like a definate answer. if they end up to be dust particales. i will let my partner carry on thing thay are orbs as she has taken great comfort in our son joining us

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭MeadhbhL3

darrcow wrote: »
    the whole thing doesnt bother me. will get photos of other laptop and i will forward them to you as i would like a definate answer. if they end up to be dust particales. i will let my partner carry on thing thay are orbs as she has taken great comfort in our son joining us

Thats very understandable and we will do our very best to help you out.
    Hope you're well,
    Meadhbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭squonk

Being honest - don't look for any explanation. Just take it as possibly being your son and try to get some solace from that. Sorry for your loss.

Seriously??? What kind of advice is that?

OP, I'm very sorry for your loss. I know first hand what you went through and I'm so sorry to hear of your story. There is most likely a rational explanation for what is happening and I would think that knowing the true cause of the apparent footsteps would be of definite use to you. In all likelyhood there is a concrete explanation for this but it may take some time to find. There's no point in spending years wondering about this when if you have the opportunities to discover what's really going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

squonk wrote: »
    There is most likely a rational explanation for what is happening and I would think that knowing the true cause of the apparent footsteps would be of definite use to you.

But if people were to do this then there would be little point in having this forum. It would have to change its name to the rational thinking forum.

It happens on my parents house all the time. It happens most at night. Why ? Its quieter and colder and the floor boards expanding. But thats their house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭squonk

Agreed Dre. My initial thought is that it's due to a temperature or pressure change, or even an air moisture change. There can be several environmental reasons for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Andrew Flexing

@Leddpipe...well this is not about you...so don't worry yourself :p

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Myself and my partner heard footsteps coming up the stairs and stopping outside our bedroom door one afternoon we were getting jiggy, we lived together in an old house, it was not house noises and was the most terrifying experience of my life.

OP I'm sorry for your loss and can offer no explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ellen27

i say it was your son.
    You should leave your bedroom door open to see can you spot anything. In my house theres a man spirit he walks up the stairs and landing i always see him doing it when i have my bedroom door open but never hear footsteps. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Theres other signs spirits are around i just give u some examples, cold breeze around the knees, a hugging sansation

• Advertisement
Advertisement