Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp Jobs

Options
  • 29-02-2012 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any GOOD temp agencies.There are a couple of us desperately seeking admin work anywhere around london.

We have plenty of experience, but dont seem to be getting anywhere in the mine field of London's recruitment websites

All help would be very much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Does anyone know of any GOOD temp agencies.There are a couple of us desperately seeking admin work anywhere around london.

We have plenty of experience, but dont seem to be getting anywhere in the mine field of London's recruitment websites

All help would be very much appreciated
    I have no first hand experience in agencies that help with temps but we do have a temp working in admin in our office at the mo and she got on through Reed?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭djb85

'm in a similar position. Looking for any admin work in London but not having any joy having used numerous agencies. Have experience and a degree but don't even seem to be shortlisted. Trying to organise face to face meetings but any agency I've dealt with just want online applications.

Anyone have any good dealings with agencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

djb85 wrote: »

Anyone have any good dealings with agencies?

Not really.Ive been sent to numerous interviews, some of them have been in a completely different area of work that I have applied for.

With a lot of the agencies it seems to be a numbers game, they'll just keep sending people to interviews in the hope that someone will get a position.

Since arriving here Ive found dealing with agencies infuriating to be honest.I got a short term contract through applying to a firm directly, but it will end soon, and I'll more than likely be back dealing with agencies.

Im going to have to look for some temp work as well as money is very tight at the minute...

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭djb85

Which agencies did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Mainly property specific agencies such as derval smith recruit, Blayze group, property personal.....I have also used reed for general admin work.Havent had much success with any of them though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 shogun77

Here is an idea

market research testing tech products in the central london Tottenham court Rd. Click on the link below you test products for 1-2 hours you get from £55-£200+.

Advertisement