Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiplayer games on 1 PC

Options
  • 29-02-2012 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Struggled to find info on this, so I'm posting here.

I have a gaming PC and a couple of PS2 USB controllers, I'm looking for the best games out there with the same kinds of settings as Console games in the sense that I could play a FPS against my friend on the same PC with the controllers(just for a bit of fun).

I was just wondering if there was a list of games somewhere that allows for multi-player fun on the 1 PC?

A list of your own personal favorites would be awesome, I don't mind which genre.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Off the top of my head, Left 4 Dead could be run in split-screen with a bit of coaxing. Not FPSs, but Trine and one or two of the Lego games had it too, iirc, and maybe Street Fighter IV??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Just googled L4D there and it looks like there are quite a few tutorials for it :3

Looks very promising

Also googled "split-screen pc games" and a few more results came up

A thread from Minecraft forums
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1052478-what-are-some-co-op-pc-games/

Website last updated in 2009 with a list of games up to that point that had split-screen capabilities.
    http://pcsplitscreen.freehostia.com/index.htm

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

There was a thread fairly recently on this here.

The ones I would recommend the most would be Trine and Magicka. Both are pretty much built to be played as co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dunno about current FPS,

But for co-op games on PC...get yourself a MAME emulator.
    100's of old brilliant sidescrolling beat-em-ups and countless other amazing games like Puzzle Bobble etc

Else Resi 5, Serious SAM, Dungeon Defenders, Shank, Deathspank, Beat Hazard or Lego Star wars

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dirt 3
    F1 2011
    Virtua Tennis (any of them)
    Worms
    Kane and Lynch
    UT3

• Advertisement
Advertisement