Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glossybox and Carmne

• 29-02-2012 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Does anyone here get both boxes?? I got my February GB today and I'm disappointed. Its all miniture products, there is nothing full sized. Plus delivery took well over 5 days. My first boxes only took about 3 days. So I'm wondering should I cancel my subscription and get Carmine instead??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Hey,
    Yep majority of products will be sample size but I'd say at least 1 out of the five products you get every month will be full size. I have been getting them since oct 2011 & I have 2 say I am now at the stage where it no longer excites me because I felt dec & jan were very disappointing. I still haven't received my feb one, this is not unusual. I have waited anything up to 15 days to get mine so be prepared to wait. I will more than likely cancel mine this month as it works out at about €16 per month & I could spend it better. I know some wouldn't be without their glossy box every month but for me the fad has well & truly lost its spark :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

My GB came today (I had issues with the last box, it never came) and it was all sample sizes in this month's. Nice to try out the DuWop lipgloss but that's about it. I am canceling now and ordered a Carmine. I will probably get a box from one or the other occasionally. I have noticed that with GB if they have a box they make a big deal about and put a lot into the next box is a little poor.

GB seem to have issues with their logistics - 2 of my boxes out of 6 went missing.

I think I'll spend the money on nail polish instead ;) I guess the novelty has worn off a little too.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

I'm the same . Still haven't received mine so they have refunded me but there is every chance it will turn up as not the first time it has happened. Next month is a Harrods box which sounds pretty good so might stick around for that one and then try the Carmine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I was gonna cancel glossy butthen I read this on facebook

Hi GLOSSYS!

If you missed our announcement this morning, we're hugely excited to reveal that we have teamed up with Harrods to bring you our limited edition March box!

All current subscribers will receive this box. Payment will be taken for this box today, and boxes will be dispatched around the 9th.

Not a subscriber yet? Sign up now at http://glossybox.co.uk/ to get your limited edition Harrods March box!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yes I knew about the Harrods thing but I am pretty frustrated with their customer care at this stage so I unsubscribed anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

This post by lollipop26 kinda sums up the idea for me:

http://www.buynowbloglater.com/2012/02/beauty-boxes.html

I could just throw the money away on something I may not like/use or just save it up and buy something I would really like.

They are not all bad. I got/get to try things I wouldn't have usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I've been getting both of them since November last- it's nice trying out different products but I don't know if I'll bother with them after the Harrod's one.

In fairness, I've never had any customer care related problems with them, but I just don't know if I'll even use some of the stuff I've gotten. I have an over-supply of shower gels because they generally give full size ones of those. I suppose that means I won't have to buy any for ages though which is good. I got a really good eyeshadow brush in one box, get great use out of it.

Also, in defence of them, I would imagine that the value of the contents does exceed the price of the box itself. But as I said, my reason for possibly stopping my subscription is that I just feel I'm not using all the stuff and it's starting to cause a bit of clutter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I get both boxes and have done since October.. I quite loved GB at the start but it is getting worse over time! Carmine, I find, is consistent and this month's box was amazing, and arrived in 2 days from the UK to me. I'm still waiting on GB after two full weeks and their customer service has been diabolical!

There is a page on facebook called "beauty box swaps" and I myself am trying to get this going here, called "Irish Beauty Swaps". A lot of girls/women (myself included now) swap our unwanted items for stuff we do need, and I've built up a small stockpile of some things GB has introduced me to and I liked and don't want to buy! So clutter is not necessary :)

I think I'll drop GB after the Harrods box... but I'll stick by Carmine, they're fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Thanks for all the replies. I think i'll cancel my GB after the harrods box but i'll give Carmine a try. Might end up cancelling that too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I just resubscribed, love the look of the harrods box

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I'm just sick of getting shower gel and body moisturiser in every box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

There is a page on facebook called "beauty box swaps" and I myself am trying to get this going here, called "Irish Beauty Swaps". A lot of girls/women (myself included now) swap our unwanted items for stuff we do need, and I've built up a small stockpile of some things GB has introduced me to and I liked and don't want to buy! So clutter is not necessary :)

beaut.ie have a beauty swap shop:

http://beaut.ie/forums/viewforum.php?f=15

Its brilliant - have swapped loads on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

I've been signed up to both since Feb- I have too say that so far carmine is the best- there were 3 full size items in the last box and GB hasn't been great- I thought the feb box was really bad- more like hotels toiletries.

I'm haven't been getting them long so I'll stick with them both are another month or two and then cancel the one I like the least.

I liked Carmine's box - I got my first one the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'm not signed up to any box, but I have to say I am not at all 'wowed' or tempted by the March Glossybox where they teamed up with Harrods, maybe it's just me though?

It's just like they hyped it up to be an amazing box and it's nothing special at all, it's just like every other box but because they teamed up with a 'big-name-store' that it's something spectacular, when it's not.

I was not wowed either. I canceled my box after the February one and didn't feel compelled to sign up again when I saw what was in the Harrods' Box. Too much hype and not enough product...

To be fair, I'll probably cancel after this one, I have way too much stuff as it is, Im giving loads of my stuff away to my brothers friend(female obv) and its 15 eur that I could spend better, but as theres no harods in Cork, curiosity has gotten the better of me, honestly though Im more excited by cosmos new mag :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭i-digress

I get Glossybox and Carmine, and in my opinion Carmine is far superior. The products are aimed at a younger demographic, and February's box was really good. Glossybox got a lot of attention initially because it was the first company in the British Isles to provide this service, but they need to up their game imo.

I got my Harrods GB this morning. Was looking forward to it because of all the hype but I was really disappointing! I won't spoil it for anyone else by saying what I got. I just tried to log onto glossybox.co.uk to cancel my subscription buy the site is down because of the volume of traffic. Probably all the people unsubscribing. Although their are some posts on facebook saying they loved their box.
    I'm going to try Carmine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

sugarbomb i am the same! unsubscribing again now, i'm a sucker for falling for it again!

Just cancelled my order there. I had to thrawl through the site to find the option to cancel (click edit on the My Subscriptions page if anyone else is looking.) Then they gave me two more chances to keep my subscription after clicking on cancel so they really don't want to lose anyone!
    I also subscribed with Carmine. Therir websites are quite similar. Wonder if they are the same company. All the reviews I've seen of their boxes seem good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Disappointed with the Harrods box :(

Off to Carmine!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Awwh I just signed up for the Harrods glossy box too, first ever time trying a beauty box. Haven't received it yet though.

If it's that bad, I hope at least the box is nice so I can store stuff in it! :)

How are the Glossy boxes delivered? By An post or courier? Do you need to sign for them?

By post , Moyglish, you don't have to sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Moyglish wrote: »
    Awwh I just signed up for the Harrods glossy box too, first ever time trying a beauty box. Haven't received it yet though.

If it's that bad, I hope at least the box is nice so I can store stuff in it! :)

How are the Glossy boxes delivered? By An post or courier? Do you need to sign for them?

It's not a bad box, there are some nice things in it. I think I was just over excited!

Orlee wrote: »
    It's not a bad box, there are some nice things in it. I think I was just over excited!

Wats in it for the love of god? :O

booboo88 wrote: »
    Wats in it for the love of god? :O

I've sent you a PM of what I got.

I hated my Harrods box too - and I ordered two of them, one has yet to arrive.. probably won't like last month, when February's box never came and I had to wait forever to get refunded, of course after my March payment was taken :(
    Carmine is far superior.

They have a lot of boxes in the UK now - www.joliebox.co.uk, www.latestinbeauty.co.uk (I ordered this to a friend in UK and she posted it on, it was amazing - they theme boxes less frequently than monthly and I got 8 really good items in it) www.shesaidbeauty.co.uk, www.amarya.co.uk and the list goes on.... it's so addictive ordering them too.

Wonder how good Carmine will be this month... :D

• Advertisement

Could someone PM me and tell me what was in their Harrods Box, please. I unsubscribed after the February box.

PM sent.

I got all excited opening the doo yesterday thinking it was the post man..... no joy...only new born christians telling me Im a liar and a sinner, twas quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

I decided this morning to cancel my glossybox subscription, because the carmine one is better and my glossybox for March still hasn't arrived- they do make it hard to cancel on the site.
    Anyway about 10 mins after I cancelled they called me to see if I received the March box and when I said I hadn't they said they'd send another one and if I get 2 to consider it a gift-
    I'll be sticking with Carmine from now on :)

Just in case anyone hasn't recieved their GB:
    Dear X
    Thank you for being a loyal subscriber to GLOSSYBOX. We are contacting you because you are possibly affected by an address printing error on some boxes shipped to the Republic of Ireland.
    Should you have not yet received your March GLOSSYBOX, please let us know by 5pm on Monday 19th March at contact@glossybox.co.uk with your order number and a member of the team shall investigate and assist you further.
    Kind Regards,
    GLOSSYBOX Customer Care

Ginny wrote: »
    Just in case anyone hasn't recieved their GB:

I havent gotten mine :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

I received mine but my name wasn't on it, just my address. Prob okay cause I live in a numbered house but I'm sure it would be bit more complicated if you lived in an apt block, rural area etc.

For what it's worth, I like the Harrods box, I mean you have to put it in perspective, you would get nothing for 10 pounds in Harrods so its just a little selection of their products to try. Most of the products are good quality luxury items but I understand it's not every bodies thing so I think its great to be able to unsubscribe and try different companies until you find one that is more suitable.

I doubt very much there is going to be one box to suit everyone when you consider there are people age 16 to 70 subscribing to these types of companies and I think it's too complicated to personalise a box for every subscriber as it would have to be be done monthly and they probably only receive limited types of products.

So overall I have to say my own experience as a subscriber of GB has been good since my first box in December and I think I'll stick with them another while.

I guess it is all academic. Just got an email saying Carmine is "joining forces" with Glossy Box.

Is there any other box that will deliver here?

What shambles - Glossybox are so incompetent it isn't funny... I have had so much hassle with them over missing boxes. How can it go missing every single month you mad people?

Anyway, now the fabulous (and I've loved every box of theirs) Carmine are gone, and replaced by this shower? JOKE!

The only other boxes available are.......zero. I got boxes from both these places, and had them posted to a friend in the UK and then re-posted to me
    www.joliebox.com and www.latestinbeauty.com

There are new boxes called "She Said Beauty" and "Luxbox" which are not available here either.

It's ridiculous!

Ah that's a shame.

I had the same issues with GB - 2 boxes out of 6 went missing and with the last on they kept stringing me along giving me a different dispatch date. The very last box I got was late and I wrote them a strongly worded email to which they took days to reply to. It was not worth the hassle and I switched to Carmine.

I loved getting the monthly treat in the mail:(

Oh I was on their case quite badly about this box! They kept telling me to wait for a date and then when the date came they were out of boxes and refunded me before asking if I wanted it or if I wanted to put it towards my March box... They gave me 500 glossydots (1000 for a free box) I'd had 700 odd so I ordered a free one. This free one has not arrived.

They are a shower of wasters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I'm still waiting for my March Glossybox so hopefully it'll arrive this week, but think I'll cancel after this one. Carmine were probably better alright, although maybe Glossybox will improve with Carmine on board. Just dunno if I'm bothered with them anymore- plus I have way too many cardboard boxes stacked on my bathroom floor now!

I really hope GB will improve because I just signed up again. If the April box is crap, I'll unsubscribe.
    Got my only Carmine box on Tuesday. Definately nicer that any GB i got. I'll use everything in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Hey guys.

I got my best friend a monthly subscription to this place, which I signed her up for on the 13th of March.. I don't think she has received anything yet. :(

I'm a bit worried now, has anyone received their March boxes yet?

I was told they sent out a second box for me on Monday to replace the first missing March box and if I got both see it as a bonus. I haven't received either of them yet!
    I was going to change to Carmine, but now that idea has gone tits up!

Glossybox are some shower...
    let it be known that www.shesaidbeauty.co.uk will have delivery here soon.. they have Carmine's old product buyer on board (she left just before the GB takeover) so...here's hoping for something good

Glossybox are some shower...
    let it be known that www.shesaidbeauty.co.uk will have delivery here soon.. they have Carmine's old product buyer on board (she left just before the GB takeover) so...here's hoping for something good

Oh that might be better, Ive never had a problem with delivery until surprise surprise the harrods box, but I have it set it up through paypal so Im wondering can I log a claim....15eur doesnt seem like a lot but it is when you flush it down the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

booboo88 wrote: »
    Oh that might be better, Ive never had a problem with delivery until surprise surprise the harrods box, but I have it set it up through paypal so Im wondering can I log a claim....15eur doesnt seem like a lot but it is when you flush it down the toilet.
    You should open a dispute through PayPal for an item not received and don't close the dispute until you receive a refund, and if the company don't refund you then escalate the dispute to a claim and let PayPal investigate it and they'll automatically refund your money after the investigate and then come to a decision.

Funnily enough neither box has turned up yet! How long is their delivery usually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

I haven't received my February or March Glossybox. Here is the reply I have eventuaully got from Glossybox:

Thank you for contacting GLOSSYBOX. We are sorry to hear that you have not received your February GLOSSYBOX, we have contacted our logistic providers and they believe this should have been received by now. Typically GLOSSYBOX would send a replacement in these situations however we have now sold out of the February GLOSSYBOX, as a result we have credited your account with £12.95 for your missing February GLOSSYBOX

As per our previous correspondence it has been bought to our attention that a minority of our subscribers in the Republic of Ireland have been affected by a printing error, which has resulted in some boxes being sent with only half of the delivery address visible on certain GLOSSYBOXES. We asked you to contact us by 5pm 19th March to inform us if you had not received your March box so we can arrange a replacement GLOSSYBOX. As you have stated you would prefer a refund we have refunded you £12.95 for your March GLOSSYBOX instead of sending you your replacement. Please allow 2 - 4 working days for your refunds to credit your account.

Suppose its better than nothing, I wasn't overwhelmed by the products I have seen people receive in the February box but I was looking forward to the March box!

Ginny wrote: »
    Funnily enough neither box has turned up yet! How long is their delivery usually?

5-7 working days.
    I havent gotten mine either,so waiting for tomorows post and if I havent recieved it, Im logging a claim on paypal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement