Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glossybox and Carmne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

What they always said to me when it was late was that their logistics provider advised them it could take 10 -12 days! This was after they had said it was supposed to take 5-7 and it had not arrived. The last time this happened I advised them to change their logistics provider!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I spent a good part of today cleaning my room and bathroom, and I actually have loads if toiletries, lotions and potions that I have to use up. I still haven't received the Harrods box, but even if I do, In going to cancel my subscription. It's not that I can't afford it, it's just a bit of a waste when if I save up for a few months I could get some really good stuff that I really want.

Getting the box in the post is fun and all, but really it's kinda pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Caraville wrote: »
    I spent a good part of today cleaning my room and bathroom, and I actually have loads if toiletries, lotions and potions that I have to use up. I still haven't received the Harrods box, but even if I do, In going to cancel my subscription. It's not that I can't afford it, it's just a bit of a waste when if I save up for a few months I could get some really good stuff that I really want.

Getting the box in the post is fun and all, but really it's kinda pointless.

I completely agree, its fun for a while, but Im going to cancel aswell. no point, and the last one I got was aload of crap being honest, I did like the lip gloss though, but Im at the stage now where Im trying to get rid of all the stuff I have, over the year I go a nuts in boots when I get paid. Out of just boredom really.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

No sign of mine again this month either although I did end up getting a free one last month as both eventually arrived!! Like the sound of shesaidbeauty one so might give that a go instead. I ordered 2 of the Harrodds boxes so would be funny if all 4 actually arrived.

I dont know if its just me being paranoid but I think its quite suss that they suddenly make a booboo with the harrods box.

booboo88 wrote: »
    I dont know if its just me being paranoid but I think its quite suss that they suddenly make a booboo with the harrods box.

Oversubscribed?

I thought it was suss that their customer service (which had been declining) fell apart just before it was announced they had taken over Carmine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

booboo88 wrote: »

I received my Harrods box on time, but both my jan and feb box were a week or two late. Tbh I think they did make mistake with labelling the Harrods one as my name was missing and only received it because my full address was on it.

Saorenza wrote: »
    Oversubscribed?

I thought it was suss that their customer service (which had been declining) fell apart just before it was announced they had taken over Carmine.

Thats what Im thinking as harrods is a big name, and some people got lancome in theirs:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

got my Harrod's box this morning finally!

It's grand, got
    Revive Creme Lustre, Bliss Body Butter, Vanitas Versace Perfume, Clarins Body Cream and Leighton Denny nail varnish

There were a few things I would have preferred that other people got but it was ok, nothing too exciting but as I said before, you're not going to get a whole lot from sample sizes anyway. Will be unsubscribing anyway, definitely have enough toiletries to keep me going for ages so couldn't be bothered collecting more stuff. Glad I gave it a go though!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Finally got mine too Got
    Fendi perfume, Ojon Hair repair, Burberry lipstick, Clarins Firming cream and the Erno Lazlo thingy I basically got this box :http://lucy-loops.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/harrods-glossybox-review.html
    I got a good box, but it's still Meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

It's grand, got
    Revive Creme Lustre, Bliss Body Butter, Vanitas Versace Perfume, Clarins Body Cream and Leighton Denny nail varnish

There were a few things I would have preferred that other people got but it was ok, nothing too exciting but as I said before, you're not going to get a whole lot from sample sizes anyway. Will be unsubscribing anyway, definitely have enough toiletries to keep me going for ages so couldn't be bothered collecting more stuff. Glad I gave it a go though!

Caraville yours sounds lovely! I've unsubscribed, thought mine was crap, I actually got TWO of the same cause of the post problem. So I've 2 horrible lipsticks, 2 horrible perfumes & crappy moisturiser samples that feel like wax on my face. I do love the Clarins body lotion but the tiny tubes won't last long if you use them all over & the Ojon stuff is nice too but I would have liked 2 different boxes. Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

Got exactly the same as you! One of them arrived yesterday but had ordered 2 so still no sign of that...

It's grand, got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

how do you unsubscribe? ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Glossybox are some shower...
    let it be known that www.shesaidbeauty.co.uk will have delivery here soon.. they have Carmine's old product buyer on board (she left just before the GB takeover) so...here's hoping for something good
    www.shesaidbeauty.co.uk

Delivering to Ireland now!!!!

Speedsie wrote: »
    www.shesaidbeauty.co.uk

Delivering to Ireland now!!!!

That's good to know. I think I'll give them a go next month. Need a pick-me-up.

• Advertisement

Cancelled my GB after 2 of my products were samples that were basically empty. Signed up for She said Beauty, there's 60% off a 6 month sub with this code JUBILEE60 http://www.perfectly-polished-nails.com/2012/05/she-said-beauty-celebrates-queens.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seller2345

Where do you enter the code for she said beauty?

just used that jubilee code, thanks a.million!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

How much is teh postage to Ireland/ how much does it work out per month?

damn just tried to use that code and it wont work! it says it should work until the 6th of June and today is only the 5th.. should I send an emai;?

• Advertisement

I used the code earlier today, 45pounds, try copy and paste the code???

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seller2345

I signed up for the six month subscription last night. Here's how the payment and shipping to Ireland worked out for me:
    6 month Beauty Box: £54.00
    Your EXTRA 60% saving: -£32.40
    Postage & Packaging: £17.70
    VAT (included): £3.94
    Total: £39.30

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Terri26 wrote: »
    damn just tried to use that code and it wont work! it says it should work until the 6th of June and today is only the 5th.. should I send an emai;?

Same happened to me initially. I think the problem was that I put jubilee60 not JUBILEE60 :confused:

yes that was it!!!!!!1 copied and pasted and it worked then!

Sorry girls I only saw this now!! Hope yis got it working!

has anyone who ordered the 6 month 'she said beauty' subscription with the jubilee code, got a June box yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

I got the Jubilee sub aswell gingernut125, no sign of the box yet, looking forward to it though :D

I dubbed with Jubilee code but no box yet... Got an email saying I'd get box in early June when I subbed but no dispatch email yet anyway...

I hope this isn't going to be like glossybox all over again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

Bit worrying alright especially when there appeared to no limit to amount of people availing of offer. Hopefully they haven't over subscribed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

I got my She Said box yesterday but I didn't use the Jubilee code.

Over The weekend, I got an emaid from their CEO saying that due to the Jubilee weekend, shipping to Ireland may be a bit later this month but mine came by post on Monday. My June box came by courier.

I just got an email saying they've been sent, hopefully this isn't glossybox all over again :)

Just got the dispatch email here also, yay!

hey gals, just wondering did any of you get the box who used the Jubilee code? I got a dispatched email on the 14th saying it could take up to 5 working days for Ireland but I still haven't received it.

I'm also still waiting and I got that email too

Same! :rolleyes:

Same as well here

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

I was just wondering how much these boxes are and whivh would ye recommend?

got my she said June box!!!

• Advertisement

Did it come via regular an post mail or with a courier? Still no sign of mine yet.

no idea I just arrived to it at my desk in work, I'd guess mail, it has a royal mail sticker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

whats it like - would you recommend it? I was tempted to sign up but am a bit put off by how long some of you guys were left waiting!

whats it like - would you recommend it? I was tempted to sign up but am a bit put off by how long some of you guys were left waiting!
    <br />
    <br />
    in their defense we ordered half way through the month, they may be oversubscribed, id wait till next month to see <br />
    <br />
    glossybox is awful, slow service and too mainy perfume samples

Did you like what was in the box?

I just signed up to She Says - my first one is next month's box.

I wouldn't recommend Glossybox - awful customer service and 2 out of my 6 boxes went missing in transit.

it was grand, I liked my box, I just hope to not get too many perfume or fake eyelashes samples in the future!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Thanks guys don't worry I will stay well clear of glossy box have heard awful reviews. The she said box is tempting but like you I wouldn't like perfume samples I'm allergic to perfume!

I read on various blogs they have the fake eyelashes most boxes:eek:

Still no sign of my June She Said Beauty box :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Nor mine-got the dispatch email on the 15th I think. Where is it!!!

girls, just wonderin if ye got your June box as I got an email yesterday saying the July box was despatched but still no sign of my June box?
    is there somewhere on the site you complain to?

• Advertisement
Advertisement