Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPSS Grinds/ RESEARCH PAPER HELP

Options
  • 29-02-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

HI, Im looking for some one who can offer support on SPSS for a research paper , its not a big piece of work, can pay !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

What kind of analysis are you trying to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fullback38

Hi
    I'm looking for someone to write a lab report using spss, its 1000 words, can anyone help? will pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 waynebracken1

HI , Did anyone have any luck finding someone with SPSS knowledge, I'm looking for assistance regarding 2 questions for my studies, not sure what tests to use with the date given. Will gladly pay for acurate information (assistance). Not looking for someone to complete my work just guidance on how to conclude the correcgt method of choice. Thanks

HI , Did anyone have any luck finding someone with SPSS knowledge, I'm looking for assistance regarding 2 questions for my studies, not sure what tests to use with the date given. Will gladly pay for acurate information (assistance). Not looking for someone to complete my work just guidance on how to conclude the correcgt method of choice. Thanks

PM me and I'll see if I can help, free of charge.

thanks a million, i've been given data already set for me which includes below.

1 group of people, with varying measuring factors
    Including: Shuttle run, Strength, Flexibility, Body fat, SPF(Slef preceived fitness)SPCardio, SP strength, SP flexibility, SP body fat & SP over all fitness.

4 measuements & 6 self precevied measurments.

Question reads :Investigate the bi Variate relationships between the 6 SPF variables and the four actual fitness indicators (24 relationships in all)

Report your findings and report key relationships observed.

reminder of possibel type 1 error when conducting multple statistical tests on data from same sample. ( Bonferroni)

• Advertisement

Is the data normally distributed? If it is I'd just use a simple linear model between each pair of variables. You can then correct for multiple testing yourself.

not quite, because most of the date is Ordinal at best, you'd have to look at non parametric testing (I think) and was looking towards spiermans test showing individuals of Mann Whitny U. But i'm not sure where the 24 comparisons are coming from and am not 100% wether I should be looking at correlaiton testing?

not quite, because most of the date is Ordinal at best, you'd have to look at non parametric testing (I think) and was looking towards spiermans test showing individuals of Mann Whitny U. But i'm not sure where the 24 comparisons are coming from and am not 100% wether I should be looking at correlaiton testing?

Well 6 x 4 is 24 so each of the 6 compared to each of the 4 in a pairwise fashion.

If the data is ordinal at best, maybe a chi-squared test might be more appropriate, particularly if the some variables are factors.

thanks ,I was thinking that regarding the pairings, but which one should be compared with what. Do you only compate the actual tests against all SP results and not do any comparison on the actual test results.

Actual tests Self preceived results
    Eg: strength SP cardio
    flexibility SP Strength
    Shuttle run SP Flex
    Body fat SP fat
    SP speed
    SP Overall fitness

Advertisement