Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do for St. Patricks weekend?

• 29-02-2012 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, first time starting a post so not sure if this is the right place to put it but please bear with me. I am looking for any suggestions for what to do for the weekend of the 17th, besides the obvious parade. My friends have put me in charge of planning it. We are an active group of people who would drink as much as anybody. The problem comes when we try do something during the day, a mixture of males/females, all around 23, boys always expect the girls to organise something, girls think we only give out when they do, last time we went for a walk around stephens green(i feel we had right to give out). I know this is very vague but anything will help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

beer beer beer bed bed bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Barbecue or dinner party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

hurling11 wrote: »
    a mixture of males/females, all around 23,

Drink. Fornicate. Wear protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

How about you all get together and have a good old pray? All the cool kids are doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

CANZ 2k12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

DRINK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

but please bear with me

You just sorted it yourself, hire a bear and bring it drinking with ye.
    Bears are great craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yeah,what do people usually do for paddys day? I remember last year I thought to myself i'll definitely never walk through dublin city on paddys day again.****in people.i would like to spend the day in the pub though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

On a saturday :mad: liked getting the day off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I usually take a roadtrip somewhere and avoid pubs, there's rugby on that day too, and its on a saturday, so thats like paddys day, xmas eve, stephens day, the heineken cup final and a big sports day all joined together in one super drinking day megazord or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I'm working for it. Triple pay, baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Wallow in self pity while masturbating in the corner of the room. I already got my corner booked off the lovely Mexican family I share my bedroom with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Hi, first time starting a post so not sure if this is the right place to put it but please bear with me. I am looking for any suggestions for what to do for the weekend of the 17th, besides the obvious parade. My friends have put me in charge of planning it. We are an active group of people who would drink as much as anybody. The problem comes when we try do something during the day, a mixture of males/females, all around 23, boys always expect the girls to organise something, girls think we only give out when they do, last time we went for a walk around stephens green(i feel we had right to give out). I know this is very vague but anything will help.

AH is never the right place to ask a serious question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Play hurling?

Sorry, I don't know Cork well enough to suggest any good activities there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

The Guinness storehouse is good on paddys day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

play drunk hurling/gaelic football.... everytime someone scores a point the other team have to down a pint if they score a goal the other team have to down a shot.

one team wears a green jersey with white shorts and the other team wears a white shirt with green shorts and both teams wear leprachaun hats and ginger beards.

that would be some sight to see a bunch of ginger headed irish drunks dressed as leprachauns playing hurling or gaelic football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Go abroad

Go abroad

lol your right it would cost less to go abroad. i wonder if VFI will be bitching about having less customers this year while still jacking up the price of a pint to €6 - €7 euros on paddy's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bodun

How about a trip to Croke Park for the All Ireland club finals? Watch the hurling and leave before the football starts as it can make you sad! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

bodun wrote: »
    How about a trip to Croke Park for the All Ireland club finals? Watch the hurling and leave before the football starts as it can make you sad! ;)

That's my plan...but I'll wait for the football :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

You could honour St Patrick by going around your neighbourhood and restoring Catholicism. You'll just need your priest uniform, an alibi from the bishop and some lube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I will be going for a cure after a long and protracted 4 day battle with the booze and the bookies!

If Cheltenham doesn't hurry up and arrive I think I'm gonna explode with the excitement :( (in a spontaneous combustible and not a jizz in my pants type of way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

kfallon wrote: »
    I will be going for a cure after a long and protracted 4 day battle with the booze and the bookies!

If Cheltenham doesn't hurry up and arrive I think I'm gonna explode with the excitement :( (in a spontaneous combustible and not a jizz in my pants type of way)

I'm already all jizzed out. I couldnt handle the excitement.

I f*cking love cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Argue with gardai about what technically constitutes an open container of alcohol and watch drunken 12 year olds disgrace us all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm already all jizzed out. I couldnt handle the excitement.

I f*cking love cheltenham.

I hear ya, nothing worse than going into the festival with a set of balls like dried prunes, recipe for disaster :(

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Drink. Fornicate. Wear protection.

Surely the order should be Drink. Wear protection. Fornicate.

No point wearing protection after fornicating. :D

watch drunken 12 year olds disgrace us all

to be fair they gotta learn how to disgrace us sometime better start em young while their minds are like sponges ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I'm going to Chicago for St. Paddy's Day. Want to come OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Go to the parade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Something for the entire weekend? Maybe just go drinking on Paddy's Day and then on the Sunday try the crazy golf in Dundrum on the Sunday?

Don't forget the obligatory novelty leprechaun hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 hurling11

thanks for the advice....looks like we'll go for beer with the hope of fornication....at least I can say I tried other options...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

Go to mass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

thanks for the advice....looks like we'll go for beer with the hope of fornication....at least I can say I tried other options...

You're already bringing women. Less of this trying lark. Just put your penis in one of them.

-Funk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'm going to make something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Barricade yourself into the house and wait for it to be over. Don't leave for at least 3 days, or until the streets have been cleaned of vomit and broken glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I'll be in Lanzarote so I really don't give a $hit what you are getting up to OP. Sorry but it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Is there any kind of boards beers on Paddy's.
    This will be the first year living in a house by my self so kinda want to go out.
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Do something special. Throw a party, go out on the lash better than staying in to be honest, can be quite a boring day if not going somewhere even if it doesn't mean going drinking.

TV is cac that day except for watching the parade, but since it falls on a Saturday you probably won't be too lost as to what to do, loads of things to do on a Saturday!! So basically St paddy's day won't be treated as a bank holiday until the following monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Working :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Is there any kind of boards beers on Paddy's.
    This will be the first year living in a house by my self so kinda want to go out.

Lets make a beers!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Will probably play a wee tune on the fife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Why isn't there ever a huge march from the South up to the North like with a few hundred thousand people with us all waving our Tricolours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

St Paddy's Day Boards Beers?!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Open house here from noon 'til midnight. A rake of Boiled Bacon, Black & White Pudding,Tayto Cheese&Onion and Birds Custard ordered from an import/export mob and about 30 people invited at various times during the day. Any passers by will be encouraged to come in and have a scoop.
    The Pogues, Drop Kick Murphys and U2 will be on the menu ........ played at a discreet level :D eventhough the nearest house in the village is 150 yards away. Anyone from NH, Vermont, Mass or Ct that would like to call ....... PM me with with eMail address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Parade, but this time you can join John Giles in his celebration of hard graft and honesty of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭IHateMondays

you're only 23, organise a fantastic pub crawl somewhere in town and get hammered...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Drink and be merry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭eoin1981

well done for calling it st patrick's day/weekend.
    everybody calls it p****'s ....:mad: its like nails on a blackboard to me ears!!
    go to the cinema then the pub and then the bed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I'm trying to lure over a French lady to enjoy the festivities with me.

Advertisement