Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did I pull out of my face?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

My oh gets this all the time cause he.s a ginger !but ya gotta keep pulling em out when you see them or they'll get infected and people Will think you have herpes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Confractatwingusenteritis.

In laymans terms, just call it Larry.

It was your twin brother that you ate in the womb.

Jesus, you couldn't wait till you got out for a powdered milk drink man????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Ok pics, not great, from cameraphone

one is wild blurry but shows scale compared to tweezers, and the other you can see 'fraying' like a string

I'm sorry to inform you, but the results came back and it's the bad AIDS.

There are supports here for you and your family in AH, and we have the best of counselors here also.

*hums* Streets of Philidalephia..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I need to re-evaluate where I am in my life I think.

1 am on a Thursday morning and I am looking at pictures of something a complete stranger pulled from his face :(

Oh and yea I say its AIDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

They are in-grown hairs, they are caused by shaving against the grain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I'd say, in my opinion as a medical professional, it was aliens.

Don't let them use their mind control techniques, and for the love of God man, stop walking outside late at night with no underwear on!!! (Unless you're looking for a probing).

And don't bare your arse to the sky in jest, those little green bastards love a challenge!

Next time they come back have a partially clothed virgin ready for 'em. They'll probably want to impregnate her first and they may leave you. ;) Except your going to sneak on board the mother ship, wearing the correct protection ;), and sabotage their ship. You do know how to work a flux capacitor don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

one is wild blurry but shows scale compared to tweezers, and the other you can see 'fraying' like a string

Ah I see you are taking those photos with the new Samsung Potato.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Plazaman wrote: »
    Confractatwingusenteritis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

HAAAAAAAAAAA BRILLIANCE! Fraying like a string - I wish there was an emoticon for crying laughing!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

The 'fraying like a string' thing has me feeling a little bit sick :(.

What the hell is that? It's unravelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

It's a side effect most commonly associated with over indulgence in the art of cunnilingus.:p:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Morgellons, definitely http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgellons :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It's a few thin hairs growing from the same folical. Because they are tight together at the base it'll give the look of a single hair.

I get them now and then, although never feel the need to post in AH about it, maybe as a person I just respect myself enough???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

I ain't looking at those photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I get this all the time

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pili_multigemini

The link says its rare, but I don't think so, I think nobody gives a **** so they don't report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

seamus wrote: »
    I get this all the time

The link says its rare, but I don't think so, I think nobody gives a **** so they don't report it.

It's alien fiber. The OP is being genetic modified by the lizards

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

A few weeks back sitting in class, caressing my stubble i ran my finger over something that felt like a splinter sticking out of my chin, when i got to the bathroom I saw what looked like a VERY coarse black hair, fair enough...

..so i couldn't stop fingering it all day cause it was really pointy and thick, so when I got home I had a better look, took out a pair of tweezers and pulled it out (it came out surprisingly easy, not like plucking a hair) so there was this thick black thing, maybe just over half a centimeter long ( not overly long admittedly but still long and far too thick and strong for a chin hair) and I poked at it and studied it and couldn't work out what it was.

Fast forward to today and on the otherside I noticed another very coarse looking hair, this one was white (yes i'm gettin on) and same again I pulled it out fairly easily, but whats weird about this is that it looks like a bit of string, not as coarse as the first one, but definately made up of individual strands???

So any suggestions? my face isn't anyway weird or gross by the way. :(

*pushes breakfast away*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

xzanti wrote: »
    *pushes breakfast away*

"are you finished with that ?" ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

They're pubes. Obviously your face is slowly changing into a vagina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Now I'm not saying it's aliens................but it's aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Corkboi

Sebum in a blocked pore.
    You pulled out a sebaceous cyst.

Oh god, I just typed that into google, whyyyyyyyy.........:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I get this all the time

I had a couple of them over the years myself. I have a ginger beard and I notice the odd course black hair in there the odd time. I don't think they're as rare as people might think. Just no one gives a shite or posts about it on the intarwebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

Some of these replies make sense, some of them are just stoopid,

I can totally see how it could be face aids (bad ones) or aliens, or maybe i fell on to a piece of string really hard with my face,

but numerous hairs growing from one follicle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

but numerous hairs growing from one follicle?

You're turning into a ballchinian

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Gillo wrote: »
    It's a few thin hairs growing from the same folical. Because they are tight together at the base it'll give the look of a single hair.

I get them now and then, although never feel the need to post in AH about it, maybe as a person I just respect myself enough???
    This. I've gotten them the odd time. Try to pluck them, because they're more likely to get infected, in my experience.

And on weird hair stuff - I was scratching behind one ear when I found a hair that felt unusual; really hard and stiff, and strangely wider than usual. After pulling it out I saw that it looked like a piece of fingernal! I know that hair and nails are made of the same stuff, but I never realised that nails could start growing from my head!

It's not grown back yet, which is kind of annoying because I want to show my doctor and become a famous freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Spacedog wrote: »
    They are in-grown hairs, they are caused by shaving against the grain.
    I always shave against the grain, first I shave with it then against it and I don't get ingrown hairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

kylith wrote: »
    And on weird hair stuff - I was scratching behind one ear when I found a hair that felt unusual; really hard and stiff, and strangely wider than usual. After pulling it out I saw that it looked like a piece of fingernal! I know that hair and nails are made of the same stuff, but I never realised that nails could start growing from my head!
    Could have been a one-off instance of KP

There's no guarantee it'll ever happen again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Could have been a one-off instance of KP

There's no guarantee it'll ever happen again :)
    I don't think that's what it was, though I do get that on my shins. This hair grew as normal, but the 5mm of it closest to my scalp was obviously flattened, thicker and looked very like a fingernail clipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Flaker

kylith wrote: »
    I don't think that's what it was, though I do get that on my shins. This hair grew as normal, but the 5mm of it closest to my scalp was obviously flattened, thicker and looked very like a fingernail clipping.

You'd a bit of glue or some other crap stuck to your head I'd say. Give yourself a good wash every now again and that'll sort it out for you.....

Advertisement