Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patricks Day

Options
  • 01-03-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Anything happening in Tralee for St. Patrick's weekend in Tralee. Going down on Thursday till Sunday.:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

St Paddys days in Tralee is usually very quiet,but with it falling on a Saturday the pubs might make an effort this year

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EASYNEWS

Haven't been there for a long time so looking forward to it. Will do some sight seeing during the day but hoping the pubs will be lively in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dubchef

Heading down to Tralee on St. Patricks Day myself. Staying in a hotel in the centre of town and was just wondering is there any traffic restrictions in place or what time do they close off the town at and i sthere any way in?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Dubchef wrote: »
    Heading down to Tralee on St. Patricks Day myself. Staying in a hotel in the centre of town and was just wondering is there any traffic restrictions in place or what time do they close off the town at and i sthere any way in?

the parade is usually around 12/12.30pm, and the road will close from about 11.30am maybe earlier. The road from around the train station, John Joe Sheehy Road, down Boherbee and into town centre to Denny Street will be closed. It usually reopens after the parade finishes, so not closed all day. The parade isn't on for too long anyway!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    the parade is usually around 12/12.30pm, and the road will close from about 11.30am maybe earlier. The road from around the train station, John Joe Sheehy Road, down Boherbee and into town centre to Denny Street will be closed. It usually reopens after the parade finishes, so not closed all day. The parade isn't on for too long anyway!

Hi Ciarrai Thanks for the information cant seem to find any info on line at all about it so appreciate that. Will be staying in around Maine Street, havent a clue how to get there. Do you know Tralee well and if so could you send me on directions please? If I was there by 11am do you think i would be able to get through the town or would I be best to leave it till about 2pm?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

You will be able to get to Maine street as you don't have to go near the parade route. If you aim for Rock street, or even Ashe street, you can get to Main street really easily from either of those streets as Maine street is kind of between the two. But let me know where you are coming from, as it depends on what direction you are coming into Tralee to advise the best way to get there.

Hi. We are coming in from the N21 Limerick direction, hopefully we wont get stuck in too many parades on the way down! Any good spots ye recommend to go to on Paddys Day? or any good spots to go see some nice scenery? Thanks.

coming in that road will bring you near the parade route, but I would think the Gardai would advise you if you come in when the road is closed. I could suggest another way in, but if you're not familiar with the town you may get a bit confused!
    If you have time before you leave I'd suggest taking a trip back to Dingle, that's where the scenery is! But there are plenty of beaches near Tralee and they are lovely.
    As for going out, there are some good places to go such as the Blasket, Paddy Macs, The Abbey, Sean Ogs, An Cearnog. I'd say it'll be quite busy in town for Paddys day, seeing as its on a Saturday. should be a busy weekend, which we will all be glad of in town!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

Thats Brilliant, thank you very much for all the information, hopefully we will get nice weather next weekend and the town will be buzzing. Happy St.Patricks Day and Thanks again. Have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Dubchef wrote: »
    Hi Ciarrai Thanks for the information cant seem to find any info on line at all about it so appreciate that. Will be staying in around Maine Street, havent a clue how to get there. Do you know Tralee well and if so could you send me on directions please? If I was there by 11am do you think i would be able to get through the town or would I be best to leave it till about 2pm?

I assume you mean the Abbeygate if your staying on 'Main Street' (which is a bit of a misnomer in Tralee as it is not one of Tralee's 'main streets' at all although it is literally a 90 second walk to slap bang in the centre of Town). Just ask for Rock Street for the handiest access to the Abbeygate, it won't be blocked on Paddy's day.

• Advertisement

Great, thanks kn.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

no Dubchef clearly said they were staying on 'Maine Street' which is a street named after the River Maine.
    kn wrote: »
    I assume you mean the Abbeygate if your staying on 'Main Street' (which is a bit of a misnomer in Tralee as it is not one of Tralee's 'main streets' at all although it is literally a 90 second walk to slap bang in the centre of Town). Just ask for Rock Street for the handiest access to the Abbeygate, it won't be blocked on Paddy's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EASYNEWS

Seems as its going to be very quiet in Tralee for St. Pats so thinking of going to Killarney instead. Anyone know of entertainment in Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Pjwal

my kids love the campsite in tralee, so we heading there friday for the weekend,

Advertisement