Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trout Season 2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

You can rent a boat on Lough Leane, Killarney for €55 a day - small black flies doing the business at the moment. Plenty of wild trout

phone numbers here under "Boat Hire"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

was told the rivers laune and flesk are good spots as well, any opinions? btw what sort of set up would you use with a black fly? i havnt done any fly fishing yet mostly just worm or sticking a fly of a bubble

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

was told the rivers laune and flesk are good spots as well, any opinions? btw what sort of set up would you use with a black fly? i havnt done any fly fishing yet mostly just worm or sticking a fly of a bubble

The trout in the flesk are small enough. There's a chance I suppose of an okay fish in the lower stretches but its a spate river. Not the type of river to produce a lot of nice trout.

The Laune can produce very nice brownies. Since its primarily a salmon river too the brownies are left to their own by and large. You can get day permits for trout, although it is fly only, for €10 and an evening permit is €6 (i think). One place to get them is the Texaco garage in Fossa.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

was on lough leane yesterday and we had over 40 trout on black pennells and jungle bunnies size 14s good sport the trout arent big but are welcome and pass the day along nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

In the bog?, was it, real-rebel,or were ye west further.?? Not been back there yet, but hopefully the weekend after next--when the trout have gone off the boil (as usual):Have heard bog-bay and golf links shore fishing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

dont really know the lake invicta it was only my second time there
    we went out from sean sweeeneys and drifted all the way across to the river mouth
    another fella i know was getting them at castle ross he said too

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fishingmad

Guys, just starting river flyfishing, living in the kilbeggan area near river brosna, are there any guides in this area that would guide me for a days fishing ?

Advertisement