Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alligator Cooler Demo - Please listen & leave comments

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Cartwright wrote: »
    http://soundcloud.com/alligatorcooler

Is the link, it's something new I'm trying on my own, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

OK, so...

I am only responding because you asked for feedback.

So, I'm not trying to be mean, but helpful...

I think that you have a few issues you need to overcome, to make me want to listen to this stuff...

The arrangements are very chaotic, hard to care about... there seems to be very little delineation between bits... which makes it all seem like one long bit...

... I find this very ... trying...

I also find the guitar playing, while technically fine, all over the shop... and not hugely melodic... kinda like you just jammed across the tracks... which again adds to the whole, "one long bit" feel.

Vocally, it's ok... but listen... you're voice is gonna sell itself on personality, not technical precision of beauty... you need to play on that and make your voice as distinct as possible... I also think you need a better/different mic or something.. it's very bland the vocal recording...

You obviously have musical ability and drive you just need to focus it more deliberately.

Hope that's helpful feedback.

Advertisement