Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Starter_Original Poster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The Site Development forum might get you an answer faster. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Does it matter much? In general, once a thread has been started, it belongs to everybody.

I recognise that some threads involve a person seeking advice or assistance, and posters might like to keep track of what the original poster has to say - especially with clarifications or updates. When I participate in such threads, I generally manage to remember who the OP is.

On the other hand, if the icon is available as a simple switch-on option, I can't see anything wrong with enabling it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There'll be no new additions to the current front end system, given the new API is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,143 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Boards long ago departed from a standard bulletin API, so improvements you may see in other sites are not that easily implemented in the current boards site.

This would be one example, as would a way to put a similar icon next to mods if a particular forum, or having a zombie filter on old threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Spear wrote: »
    There'll be no new additions to the current front end system, given the new API is on the way.

You hero - please field all further UI questions with this response automatically and if you're ever incorrect, some day the feature will just pop into existence like ninja and we'll pretend it was always there :pac:

Would require a code modification, likely not going to happen. Something to keep in mind for the new UI though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement