Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for american men to meet irish women?

Options
  • 01-03-2012 7:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

So I'm an american man with emerald fever (obsessed with the lasses) who's been here for five months to study. I've had bad luck with irish women and I need some advice- what's the secret ladies? I only end up shifting attractive girls in bars who wont go on dates after or sleeping with below average girls I meet on okcupid who tell me about how boring and uncommunicative irish guys are in bed and how good I am. But when i go to bars and talk to the hot girls the fact that I'm american is always a turn off. I'm tall and average looking but confident and well dressed and i had good luck in america so its like I'm missing something culturally. I've always wanted to marry or at least bring a pretty irish woman to orgasm but my time is running out!

There's an entire p.s i love you industry dedicated to making american women wet for irish guys but when it comes to the reverse us yanks are like second class citizens. Is this just me or do you guys really hate us?

Are there any places where irish women are more open to meeting educated american men who don't have crew cuts and dress like teenage boys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

"The hot girls" are not a breed or ethnic group so it's difficult to try to speak for them all at once but I'm guessing your personality, superiority complex and attitude towards women are your main impediments to scoring,

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Joe10000 wrote: »
    "The hot girls" are not a breed or ethnic group so it's difficult to try to speak for them all at once but I'm guessing your personality, superiority complex and attitude towards women are your main impediments to scoring,

+1 couldn't agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm really just in before the lock on this one (or the inevitable move to After Hours or Personal Issues)... but do you really think there are no educated and good looking Irish men for these girls to date?

I mean, seriously, re-read your post and tell me you come across as someone you would want your sister to date. I'm a smug git, but jesus...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

sleeping with below average girls I meet on okcupid

OP, I can't understand what the problem is, you sound like a complete catch! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I'm really just in before the lock on this one (or the inevitable move to After Hours or Personal Issues)... but do you really think there are no educated and good looking Irish men for these girls to date?

I mean, seriously, re-read your post and tell me you come across as someone you would want your sister to date. I'm a smug git, but jesus...

im sure there's some, but you've got to admit he's got a good general point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Arktura

adam?

im sure there's some, but you've got to admit he's got a good general point.
    You're right... American women do get wet for Irish guys.

:high5:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

I only end up shifting attractive girls in bars who wont go on dates after, or sleeping with below average girls I meet on okcupid who tell me about how boring and uncommunicative irish guys are in bed and how good I am. I've always wanted to marry or at least bring a pretty irish woman to orgasm. There's an entire p.s i love you industry dedicated to making american women wet for irish guys

If the sort of conversation you show in this post is typical of the conversation you have with Irish girls then I'm not surprised that they don't want to continue with you. You seem to lack a certain subtlety and discretion in your speech and may be too brash or forward for the usual Irish girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

What's "emerald fever"? Some kind of STD?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Gae wrote: »
    What's "emerald fever"? Some kind of STD?

In "The road to Wellville" there was a woman with Green Sickness, apparently they used to think it was a disease that virgins suffered from. Must have been the chat up lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

He should probably get that looked at before looking for more women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Hot Irish women have a bit of a "Sex and the city" complex, they sometimes think they are Gods gift to the male species. Its a horrible cultural thing that seems to have built up over the last decade or two. Personally I gave up trying to figure it out. Theres loads of friendly, open, interested and interesting European girls in Dublin, give those a whirl instead :)

CiaranC wrote: »
    Hot Irish women have a bit of a "Sex and the city" complex, they sometimes think they are Gods gift to the male species. Its a horrible cultural thing that seems to have built up over the last decade or two. Personally I gave up trying to figure it out. Theres loads of friendly, open, interested and interesting European girls in Dublin, give those a whirl instead :)
    Ew. Now I know what type of women you think are 'hot'!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lainey_ie

im sure you're a nice guy...well giving you the benefit of the doubt on this one..but if a guy came up to me regardless of where hes from needs to make an effort and by the sounds of it you dont. Everyone at some point wants a wam bam thank you ma'am moment but if your looking for more you need to pull your finger out so to speak:)us classy irish gals are out there you just wont find us at 2am in coppers:)
    good luck with your search:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Originally Posted by America feck yeah
    sh__93 wrote: »
    Ireland.

Boston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:rolleyes:

Closed.

Jesus christ people, why feed the trolls?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement