Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to computer building need advice!

Options
  • 01-03-2012 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I've got a budget of 650 euro (Dont need a moniter keyboard mouse or speakers just the tower itself) Anyways I want to build a computer for gaming mostly looking towards starcraft 2 But to be streaming it as I play! So basicly to the point I've decided on some parts that I want my 8gb RAM GTX560 card 1TB HD but for choosing apart from the card which models I need I just dont know whats compatible with what and what I need etc so if someone could help me with the build I would appreciate it! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

follow the link in my signature, and copy the questions, with your answers, here. it'll help us help you better.

also, how have you settled on the 560?? you can get better cards for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tunapotato

I cant see your signature O.o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

you probably have signatures disabled on your profile? can you see other people's signatures?

If you want to ask about a new build, please include as much of the following information as possible in your thread:

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

If you have a sample build yourself, use Fluffy's script to format it nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tunapotato

1. What is your budget? 660 euro

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming generally starcraft 2 and streaming it as I play but I would like the choice to play other games!

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? I do plan to buy a new moniter next week for it but in the budget of 660 I dont need one! So I mean any suggestions for one would be cool but it doesnt need to be added towards the money :)

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Nope!

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? I'm not 100% on how it works I mean I would give it a try but I hear it shortens the life span on parts.

8. How can you pay? Credit card

9. When are you purchasing? As soon as I figure out what im buying for it

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Dublin but im fine for help :)

Advertisement