Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet Pea - Climb up a Hedge ?

Options
  • 01-03-2012 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

I have surplus sweet pea plants. I was thinking of putting them in 1m long window planter boxes and putting them alongside an 8 foot high grisolena hedge.

Has anybody done this before? Will they grip onto the hedge and grow up? Or will the the little tendrils fail to grip and the plants just flop over?

I clipped the hedge (tightly) a few weeks ago and won't be clipping it again until the autumn.

Anybody know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It should be grand; the tendrils will wrap around just about anything. Climbing up other plants is what peas evolved to do, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Thanks for that. I will give it a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

If a have a good number of surplus you could always donate a couple to your local community garden.

Advertisement