Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Buildings "Q" Sign turned off for good? Politics or Energy Conservation?

Options
  • 01-03-2012 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Hi Peeps. Im sure some of you have noticed that the massive Bright Ornage Q sign on Quinns flagship building has been turned off for quite a while now. Whats the deal? The business is still open. Politics at work? :o
    I actually liked it lol When i would be driving home from the city as soon as i saw the q i was like WOOHOO nearly thereeee
    And by the way i am not insured by quinn or an employee ! lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

The company was taken over by Liberty insurance, they have their name on the building now, so I can't see the Q being used any more. It had become one of those land marks, my kids would say the same thing when they used to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

ronan45 wrote: »
    Hi Peeps. Im sure some of you have noticed that the massive Bright Ornage Q sign on Quinns flagship building has been turned off for quite a while now. Whats the deal? The business is still open. Politics at work? :o
    I actually liked it lol When i would be driving home from the city as soon as i saw the q i was like WOOHOO nearly thereeee
    And by the way i am not insured by quinn or an employee ! lol

Quinn Insurance is no more. It was bought by Liberty Insurance awhile ago. from the shopping centre side Liberty have a large banner hanging from the top of the building down to the ground with something like "Hello Ireland" on it. It is hard to miss.

Would it be 6 months or more when it was sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

ah right ok i know quinn was bought but i didnt realise the "quinn" as a brand / company was finished. That answers that! Maybe they should stick up a Che Guvera Image or summit lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Yeah we were sold in November, Now Liberty Insurance, The sign will change shortly I reckon, Full marketing is due to start next month for now its just the Hello marketing campaign!

Its a whole new way of doing things, Gone are the days of the Quinn rep and whole new insurance company is starting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Chamone, pointless posts are not welcome thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement