Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exercises to strengthen Ankle

Options
  • 01-03-2012 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

So am back in the saddle after a long time out ( 15 yrs!! ) & really enjoying being back..

Now here is the problem, when I was a teenage I had multiple accidents on horseback:) Broke my Left Ankle twice, split my heelbone up the middle & dislocated my left Knee on a couple of occasions.

I am using ankle & knee supports while riding as otherwise my ankle buckles after about 20 mins .. Can anyone recommend firstly a very strong ankle support & some exercises that may help strengthen my ankle that I could do at home..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Hi there
    i had a break from riding for about 14 months having a baby etc !! so i felt the discomfort too since i went back i also was attending the gym to loose a few pounds and the instructor assessed my ranges of movement my ankles were in a bad way locked up
    so he gave me these exercises to do check out the similar one on you tube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN5FOAjOCPg&feature=endscreen

or just google ankle mobility exercises
    good luck

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Excercises you can do on your couch!Rotate ankle in a full circle in one direction, then the other. As you sit try to "write the alphabet" with your foot only- so you move your ankle. not your knee.

Advertisement