Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorhome Electrician

• 01-03-2012 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend and auto electrician that has space to work on a motorhome in the Sth Dublin / Wicklow area.

Tried to get my rerversing camera working but failed and that and managed to knock off the stereo as well !!

Should have left well enough alone.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I had trouble with my car's electrics and a fella past Tallaght towards Blessington was very helpful to me hes called http://kevinosullivanautoelectrician.com/ you could ring him and ask if hed do a motorhome ... only bad thing is he is 250m up a steep hill just be prepared for that if you are going in a mh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I'll check it out. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

What was wrong with the camera? What sort of van have you?

It's a 97 Ford Transit 6 Berth Elnagh / Ahorn

It's pretty obvious from the wiring that the camera was retrofitted. There was no power to the screen in the cab. Either that or the unit is bust.

I took the ash tray out and started looking for the wires leading into it but then I discovered the Stereo was no longer working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

ah you shouldn't need an Auto sparks for that , any decent mechanic with a multimeter should sort that out.

• Advertisement

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    ah you shouldn't need an Auto sparks for that , any decent mechanic with a multimeter should sort that out.

You were right. A mate in work who's handy with electrics sorted it out. Just a short in the end.

Advertisement