Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Alarm - remove window sensor

Options
  • 01-03-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a new window fitted tomorrow morning.

The fitter said that I need to remove the Aritech CS350 alarm window sensor.

I was going to unscrew it and tape it back to the wall and then fit it to the new hardwood window.

Will the alarm go off? If so, will the alarm code reset it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The alarm will ring if the tampers are wired correctly.your code will disarm the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Many thanks KoolKid!

I read some of your posts in another Aritech CS350 thread. The Engineer code isn't the default one.

Will I be able to reinstate the vibration sensors on the new windows without it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The panel holds all the settings. You should not need the engineer code unless tamper reset is on . It that does happen (unlikely) it will display a 2 digit code & call engineer. Post up the 2 numbers & I will get you the code if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

KoolKid wrote: »
    Post up the 2 numbers & I will get you the code if needed.

Legend :D

Any hassle with it you know where we are.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

Sorry for hijacking your post.

Does anyone know if I can adjust the keypad volume on an aritech cs350.

It's quite loud.

Thanks

Open the keypad & you will see an adjustable pot with a music note beside it. Turn it anti clockwise to lower the buzzer.

Thanks KoolKid.
    Is there a knack to opening the keypad

Figured it out....Worked as you said....thanks

your welcome. Glad you got sorted.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hijack this thread again.....
    Having a problem with the aritech cs350.
    Recently built an extension which i had wired for an alarm.
    Got new contracts and sensors fitted to all existing and new doors and windows.
    The guy who fitted them used my old control box and keypad( they are about 15 years old).
    After a couple of months, the alarm went off twice during the same night (windows down back). No sign of break in or tampering.
    I checked the contacts and sensor wiring which all seemed fine to an untrained eye. Hasn't gone off since.
    Last week, unable to set the alarm. Keypad showed open zone. Again windows down back the culprit. Again checked wiring and all seemed fine.
    I set the alarm by inhibiting this zone for the next few days.
    Forgot to inhibit the zone before I set the alarm today and it's now back working fine.
    Any ideas what could be causing this intermittent problem?
    Thanks

Your best bet is to test this zone with a multi meter.Remove & close off any EOL resistors. Remove the zone wiring from the input at the panel & connect it to your multimeter leads.
    Set your multi meter to 200 ohms resistance. Make a note of the initial resistance level & then tap each sensor & open & close each contact . After each one check the resistance on the meter. It should return to near the same value . If it does not disconnect that device , close off the cables and continue testing the rest of the devices . Chang any devices you had to disconnect. Bear in mind there may be more than one faulty device.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 railway boy

hi koolkid, I was wondering if you could help me with a problem, a friend of mine has a cs350, he had a zone taken out due to faulty inertia sensors, the guy who was charging him too much to reinstate them so he asked me would I do it, I don't know the engineer code, and I was going to put in hkc sensors instead, do you know if they are compatable and also will I still need an eol reisistor.
    if he has it disconnected at the panel will I need to reprogram the zone.
    it would be great if you could give me some guidance with this

You need to find out if the zone is still active or whether he programmed it unused.
    Disconnect it from the panel and see if it shows open.
    WWith the cs350 the zone has to be either single or duel end of line using 4k7 resistors.

thanks koolkid, ill check that in the morning, do you know if I can use the hkc sensor instead. BTW thanks a lot for the quick reply

Any global sensors will work. I would personally recommend GE(Aritech) GS613 or GS711 over HKC devices.

Why is that, I find the HKC very user friendly, I don't know anything about Aritech to be fair, it will be my first time working on it.

Just my personal preference from my time in this business.

fair enough, thanks again and ill let you know how I get on

No problem.
    Please do.

• Advertisement

Hi, if anyone can help me I would be very grateful. I'm upgrading a hybrid system in my mother's house, she had the old cs250 and I put in the hkc1070. The old system had an auxiliary transmitter/receiver for the wireless devices. The wired sensors are all fine but when I search for RF devices I'm not getting any joy. I'm wondering if I am able to reset the address on the sensors and if so how. The sensors don't have a brand on them apart from the inertia part is made by sentrol but I searched about it with no luck at all
    Thanks very much for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

They are not compatible with the 10/70 panel. Refit the wireless receiver card again and that will get those sensors back on line for you.

Although now that I think of it, what model is that wireless receiver unit?

Hey kub, thanks for getting back to me so quick,the only information I have on it is the card is interlogix there is no other branding on the housing. Also do you know where I connect it to the 10/70 and what position the address switches should be in.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hey kub, thanks for getting back to me so quick,the only information I have on it is the card is interlogix there is no other branding on the housing. Also do you know where I connect it to the 10/70 and what position the address switches should be in.
    Thanks again

I would say you more than likely have this receiver with the CS250.

R__cepteur_Radio_4f6dce8a5b78c.png

If that is the case it wont work with the 10/70.

HKC manufacture there own sensors to work with there systems.

If you wanted to use the 433 sensors then you could use a quick bridge.

G02RXI4N8.jpg

This will allow you use the sensors connected to free zones in the 10/70 control panel.

Kub your very generous with your knowledge and I really appreciate it. Thanks

Advertisement