Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

faulty hp pavilion tx2500 laptop

Options
  • 01-03-2012 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I bought a hp pavilion tx2500, model tx2630ea on 23/12/2008.
    laptop had overheating issues, then in december 2011 screen went black, lights on keyboard lit up,but no response from laptop.I brought the laptop to a technician, his diagnosis was a faulty motherboard . The laptop has an ATI Radeon graphics chip.Has anyone had the same issues with this model laptop?
    I brought it back to the store where it was bought, but no joy, using the Sale of Goods Act.
    I am considering making a claim in the small claims court.
    :mad:
    Hope someone can offer some advice on this issue,
    elheff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

2008? Ok, even call that 2009, thats still 3 years.

I doubt youll get far. Ive a faulty motherboard in my machine at the moment that Dell want to charge me 250 euro to fix, and its only just (surprise surprise) over a year old. However, I do hope you can get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Contact them asap http://www.nca.ie/contact-us

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

After 3 years usage, it is not unreasonable to expect to have to pay to repair the laptop. Unless you can prove that there is some manufacturing defect known with that make and model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 elheff

Hello again,
    I did contact consumer affairs, they seem to think I have a case against the retailer, as goods bought in Ireland have to be fit for purpose and are covered for six years. Hp have had the same issues with previous models of the pavilion laptops, overheating and motherboard issues arising from that.
    Thanks for all your replies.

elheff wrote: »
    Hello again,
    I did contact consumer affairs, they seem to think I have a case against the retailer, as goods bought in Ireland have to be fit for purpose and are covered for six years. Hp have had the same issues with previous models of the pavilion laptops, overheating and motherboard issues arising from that.
    Thanks for all your replies.

Most of the HP overheating and motherboard issues are related to NVIDIA GPUs so I don't think it's the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 elheff

hi again,
    My understanding of the technical report is that due to the overheating problem, the solder/glue that holds the graphics chip in place melts, it also fries the motherboard, which would suggest that it is an inherent fault in the machine, regardless of the brand of graphics chip used.

Advertisement