Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rushes & docks spraying question

• 01-03-2012 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Good morning all,
    if you want to spray land that has both docks & rushes what is the correct way of going about it?

I mean is there a certain amount of time you have to let the spray work for..... lets say if you tackle the docks first with dockstar, then Im guessing you cant come along and spray mortone until a certain length of time or whatever spray you are using for the rushes.

So which one would you spray first docks or rushes?

Also how long do you wait before you tackle the 2nd weed?

Thanks,
    westlander

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

westlander wrote: »

You can spray the rushes first (bull rush as opposed to wire rush) there is a special spray have not got name off hand also get a spray adhesive (activator) this helps to to stick it to the rush it will also give any other weed there a right set back includeing docks thistles etc, after this you may not need to spray for docks. If rushes are very strong you may have to spray again next year this spray is very reasonable but it application rate is high for rushes but remenber the spary adhesive ( activor) it is very reasonable as well abot 8 euro a litre and it will do 3-4 tanks of spray I use it with alot of sprays now

If you have wire rush it is a small thin rush you need a weedlicker and roundup

PS if docks come back let them recover full before you spray again however I think you will not need to spray them this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

westlander wrote: »

You can spray the rushes first (bull rush as opposed to wire rush) there is a special spray have not got name off hand also get a spray adhesive (activator) this helps to to stick it to the rush it will also give any other weed there a right set back includeing docks thistles etc, after this you may not need to spray for docks. If rushes are very strong you may have to spray again next year this spray is very reasonable but it application rate is high for rushes but remenber the spary adhesive ( activor) it is very reasonable as well abot 8 euro a litre and it will do 3-4 tanks of spray I use it with alot of sprays now

If you have wire rush it is a small thin rush you need a weedlicker and roundup

PS if docks come back let them recover full before you spray again however I think you will not need to spray them this year
    I use mcpa amine 500 for rushes and get good results with it. It comes under a few different names, agroxone 50 and mcpa 50 are the same as it. It will burn off docks and thistles aswel short term. It's 40 euro a gallon as far as I remember but is good stuff. Rhino is the name of the activator or wetting agent I use, don't know a price though because the lad I got the spray off threw it in for free so it couldn't be too dear.

Advertisement