Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info re. Synch'ing an iPhone with another laptop

Options
  • 01-03-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey Guys,
    I was hoping to get some advice/confirmation of a problem I’m having at the moment.

My girlfriend has an iphone 4 that hasn’t been re-synch’d since the day it was activated (late 2010). The on-board memory on the phone is now pretty full so I want to take the photos and videos off it for here, plus it could do with being updated to iOS 5 as a number of apps no longer support the order version of iOS.

The problem is: The laptop she originally synch’d it to is dead as a dodo, so I’m going to have to synch it to my Mac book Pro which is currently associated with my iphone. The issue is I don’t want to loose some of the info on her phone during the synching. I’ve looked into the different types of info involved and I wanted to double check my assumptions are correct:

Photos/Videos
    The only photos and videos she has on the phone are ones that were taken on the iphone, so am I right in assuming I can just hook up her iPhone and use iphoto befoe synching with itunes to take the files off it and just store that on my laptop

(she needs to get rid of them off her phone anyway as the onboard memory is full at this point)

Music
    The only music on her phone is music purchased from itunes, so am I right in assuming that hook her phone up, and before synching in itunes, just transfer her purchases to laptop and then authorise her itunes account for use with my laptop

Contacts:
    Will my contacts from my iphone and the contacts from her iphone be merged when I synch her phone, or will her contacts (or mine) be overwritten – is there any way to prevent this.

Apps
    Loosing data with apps isn’t an issue

Messages (from iphone msg app)
    Will all her messages be lost during the synch?

Thanks in advance,
    The General
    Tagged:

Advertisement