Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Differences to 2012 GAMSAT

Options
  • 01-03-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

The main difference I note is that you can't bring in a calculator to this years exam. In some of the sample papers, some of the questions can have some maths that would be very time consuming without a calculator. What do people think? Will there just be less of these questions this year?

Any other changes people have seen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

The main difference I note is that you can't bring in a calculator to this years exam. In some of the sample papers, some of the questions can have some maths that would be very time consuming without a calculator. What do people think? Will there just be less of these questions this year?

Any other changes people have seen?

I thought this was always the case? I'm pretty sure we weren't allowed use calculators in 2010. I really don't think they're needed. The answer choices are never so close that you need the precision of a calculator to decide between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 whatsthecraic

From what I can see, some of the gradmed papers are throwing in natural logs and stuff like that, can be fairly confusing whenever you see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 eimear25

just wondering is anyone out there attempting practice exams? i have done two and in section 3 i am scoring very low and not even getting it finished on time. scary stuff. are those exams an indicator of the real thing?

Advertisement