Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trees not pruned in 10 Years can i prune anytime of year?

Options
  • 01-03-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

I have 2 trees not overly big to be honest. About 9 foot tall gut the top branches have really spread out like an umbrella canopy. Is there a specific time of year you should prune them? Or can i get a gardener to tackle it anytime?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 M.Pellet

I have 2 trees not overly big to be honest. About 9 foot tall gut the top branches have really spread out like an umbrella canopy. Is there a specific time of year you should prune them? Or can i get a gardener to tackle it anytime?

Do it before they start to seriously grow(in the next two months)..and also before leaves appear or the job will be much messier.

Do it now in other words!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Do you have a picture or know what trees they are.

There are some trees that prefare a summer prune.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

ideally prune before the new buds appear

Advertisement