Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved Kitchen no Hole for Cooker extractor fan will it still work ok?

• 01-03-2012 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I recently moved around my kitchen and the hole where my extractor fan pipe to the outside is too far away, so i blocked it off. Can I use this Extractor fan still but with a special filter that allows the air to circulate back into the room? Or does it really need to be blowing outside to be effective?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi there. I recently moved around my kitchen and the hole where my extractor fan pipe to the outside is too far away, so i blocked it off. Can I use this Extractor fan still but with a special filter that allows the air to circulate back into the room? Or does it really need to be blowing outside to be effective?

Yes and no i guess would be the answer to that one.

When you cook the moisture will shoot up not to mention owders etc... You need to get rid of this from the air, otherwise it will just condense on your walls as water.

You can get extractor fans with charcoal filters, which will clean it up a little bit, but they won't be amazing. Your best off venting it externally, anything else will be a sticking plaster, which you may or may not be happy with. Was the venting not considered when choosing your new cooker location?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 queenie1981

my extractor has a big hose on it like the ones u get on tumble dryers, it runs along the top of the units so its hidden! might work for you to!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Your best off venting it externally, anything else will be a sticking plaster
    +1 with DublinDilbert

Advertisement