Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calving shed

• 01-03-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi
    I am going to build a new calving shed along the summer as the one we have is a bit outdated
    I would like to be able to handle cows that are arwkard
    i would appreciate any ideas other people have or let me know of any problems they might have encountered
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭grumpyfarmer

mallethead wrote: »
    Hi
    I am going to build a new calving shed along the summer as the one we have is a bit outdated
    I would like to be able to handle cows that are arwkard
    i would appreciate any ideas other people have or let me know of any problems they might have encountered
    thanks

Well one tip I'd give is have every gate, post and barrier removable and lots of light...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

make sure you can a tractor in to lift a cow if they go down. make sure you can make and move gates to make pens bigger or smaller. its also good to be able to move and seprate animals. we got a lockable feed barrier and they are get for working on the cows espically if you need to double suckle them or need to milk them by hand, try to get one that has a manual lock so you can lock them in before they pull their heads out.

Advertisement