Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burglary suspect trapped in letterbox

• 01-03-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭

A 17-year-old boy found with his arm stuck in the letterbox of a house near Belfast has been arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary.
    A teenager found with his arm stuck in the letterbox of a house has been arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary.
    Fire crews had to remove the letterbox from the door in order to free the 17-year-old at the property in Dunmurry, near Belfast.
    He was then taken to a police station in nearby Lisburn with the letterbox still wedged on to his hand, where it was eventually removed.
    The boy was spotted in Margaretta Crescent by a passing police patrol at 4.10am this morning.
    He remains in custody being questioned on suspicion of attempted burglary.

http://m.rte.ie/news/2012/0301/dunmurry.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Have just come from a thread tellling me that teenagers are now stupider than they were forty years ago. :D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Ha haaa...

I would've got some red paint and painted his hand completely on the other side of the letterbox.
    Then photograph him with the caption "caught red-handed".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Ha haaa...

I would've got some red paint and painted a blow torch and blasted his hand with flames completely on the other side of the letterbox.
    Then photograph him with the caption "caught red-handed".

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

I'm so full of wit, I don't think I should waste it on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I hope they stamp out this sort of crime...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

You could have great gas with this alright. If I was a member of the fire brigade I'd tell him we'd have to amputate the arm but not to worry because it will grow back :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Had he been a women it would never have happened.

Sure isn't that where the male goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Its was a pity there wasn't a nasty pit bull on the other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

It's a bit like the time I got my head stuck between the bars in the penguin enclosure in Dublin zoo. wasn't trying to steal a penguin though. just wanted to pet one.

Actually it's nothing like that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Had he been a women it would never have happened.

Sure isn't that where the male goes.

If it was a womans hand I found dangling in the Letter box I'd be tempted to rub my flute up against it to teach her an invaluable lesson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Delighted for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Not exactly a master burglar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

lastlaugh wrote: »
    If it was a womans hand I found dangling in the Letter box I'd be tempted to rub my flute up against it to teach her an invaluable lesson.

I can just picture it as she says. "it feels like a penis, only smaller" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

He was then taken to a police station in nearby Lisburn with the letterbox still wedged on to his hand, where it was eventually removed.

Jesus thats a bit harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Have just come from a thread tellling me that teenagers are now stupider than they were forty years ago. :D

Oh the irony.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

A 17-year-old boy found with his arm stuck in the letterbox of a house near Belfast has been arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary.
    A teenager found with his arm stuck in the letterbox of a house has been arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary.
    Fire crews had to remove the letterbox from the door in order to free the 17-year-old at the property in Dunmurry, near Belfast.
    The boy was spotted in Margaretta Crescent by a passing police patrol at 4.10am this morning.
    He remains in custody being questioned on suspicion of attempted burglary.

http://m.rte.ie/news/2012/0301/dunmurry.html

I'd have 'let the dog out' by accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

token101 wrote: »
    I'd have 'let the dog out' by accident.

Coincidentally . . .

By Mark O'Regan and Saurya Cherfi
    Thursday February 23 2012

A DUBLIN couple who were sued after their dog allegedly bit a man through their letter box revealed last night that their biggest worry was that their "darling Nelson" would be put down.

Pizza delivery driver Arpit Khurana sued Vincent and Bernie Fitzgerald, of Windsor Terrace in Portobello, Dublin, and Apache Pizza for €38,000.

He claimed the couple's Alsatian dog snapped at his hand when he pushed flyers into their letter box. But his claims were struck out yesterday at the Circuit Civil Court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nothing worse than a very tight letterbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

gizmo555 wrote: »
    Coincidentally . . .

By Mark O'Regan and Saurya Cherfi
    Thursday February 23 2012

A DUBLIN couple who were sued after their dog allegedly bit a man through their letter box revealed last night that their biggest worry was that their "darling Nelson" would be put down.

Pizza delivery driver Arpit Khurana sued Vincent and Bernie Fitzgerald, of Windsor Terrace in Portobello, Dublin, and Apache Pizza for €38,000.

He claimed the couple's Alsatian dog snapped at his hand when he pushed flyers into their letter box. But his claims were struck out yesterday at the Circuit Civil Court.

€38000 for a dog snapping at his hand? **** me that lad has clearly integrated well into our savage claim culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

RichieC wrote: »
    It's a bit like the time I got my head stuck between the bars in the penguin enclosure in Dublin zoo. wasn't trying to steal a penguin though. just wanted to pet one.

Actually it's nothing like that at all.

haha fat head ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

token101 wrote: »
    €38000 for a dog snapping at his hand? **** me that lad has clearly integrated well into our savage claim culture.

i'd have counter sued apache pizza and the guy for dumping litter on private property

Advertisement