Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung

Options
  • 01-03-2012 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Can any of you very well informed people help me? I have a faulty Samsung GT-S3350 that has been returned to Samsung (via carphone warehouse) for repair, but the fault still persists.. I sent an email to Samsung direct and have received a reply. Samsung require more details from me but every attempt to contact them via email comes boomeranging back.. I am getting to the point of bouncing the useless thing of the wall:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Maybe you could tell us what the fault is so it would be easier to understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

The fault is an inability to maintain bluetooth connection. Before you ask if the recipient device is at fault the answer is no, that has been checked by Volvo and every other phone that is connected works 100%

Samsung when it was returned for repair claim the software was updated but the same fault had not gone away!

I hope this clarifies the situation?

Do you know anyone that has the same phone? You could try to pair that same model (just a different phone) and then definitely know if its just that exact phone that has issues with connecting to your cars hands-free I presume or the actual phone model not being compatible as it does happen in some cases.

That would be the most precise way of pin pointing the fault. You could send the phone away and explain that this happened before and its still not connecting, eventually if they cant fix it after 3 times they would have to replace the handset

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Under Consumer Law, if retailer offered to repair the device, the repair MUST be permanent. Stop talking to Samsung. Go back to CPW and tell them that after the repair, the fault ids still there. You would now like to elect either replacement or refund. They MUST comply. However, they WILL resist.

Ninja Edit : Their in-store policy is irrelevant, when they bring it up. This is consumer law :)

RangeR wrote: »
    Under Consumer Law, if retailer offered to repair the device, the repair MUST be permanent. Stop talking to Samsung. Go back to CPW and tell them that after the repair, the fault ids still there. You would now like to elect either replacement or refund. They MUST comply. However, they WILL resist.

Ninja Edit : Their in-store policy is irrelevant, when they bring it up. This is consumer law :)

I can guarantee you that no one will replace it because no one has the authority to do that, the retailer doesnt repair the phone, it offers to send it away to a warranty repair centre.

As much as fustrating that is manufacturers have guidelines when a phone has to be sent away and when replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I can guarantee you that no one will replace it because no one has the authority to do that, the retailer doesnt repair the phone, it offers to send it away to a warranty repair centre.

As much as fustrating that is manufacturers have guidelines when a phone has to be sent away and when replaced.

I can guarantee you that Consumer Law trumps retailer policies and manufacturer guidelines EVERY time. You just might have to fight to have your rights enforced. Thankfully you don't have to fight too hard. Once you do the initial groundwork [which has been done in this instance] just start SCC proceedings if the retailer doesn't play ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 godmother

I have a samsung S3 and cannot get the bluetooth to stay on.This is a major fault if you drive for a lliving and need bluetooth.Just wondering does anyone know of a way to keep it on.

Advertisement