Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Almera advice needed

• 01-03-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi lads n lassies, out of my debt here. My partner drives a 98 almera, bog standard. When cornering it handles fairly badly. I want to try steady it up. First question, it has 14" steel wheels tyre size 175/65 R14, would changing wheel to a 16" alloy with lower tyre profile have any effect on cornering? Second, an engine strut/brace for that car, hard to find? I had quick google, nothing, anyone any insight? Thx.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

not really the tyres wont make too much difference if its handling notice able badly you should check suspension bushes or ball joints im not certain on how much difference that will make but check them before spending money on struts and tyres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Before you start adding mods, you should check/have checked all the factory components, i.e, shocks, bushes etc and make certain that the wheel alignment is perfect as well and this has a massive impact on handling.

Larger wheels with lower profile will not always help handling. Keeping in mind that handling and grip are two very different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭everyday taxi

thx 4 replies. checked the usual suspects already. will fit alloy's as already have them, and take it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Were the shocks/springs ever changed or still the original? If so they could be tired. What milage is on the car?

Advertisement