Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from personal and relationship issues

Options
  • 01-03-2012 3:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi - a mod seems to have taken issue with my genuine BUT direct advice on these forums. Just because I have a different view I get banned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi Paddy,

I'm afraid this is pretty open and shut. Personal Issues is very much a zero-tolerance forum, and your few contributions there varied from the off-hand and flippant to the revolting.

In particular, in respect of the "wife of 5 years having an affair and blogs about it", asking the OP for a link to the blog was worthy of a PI permaban by itself.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭Paddy Bateman

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Hi Paddy,

I'm afraid this is pretty open and shut. Personal Issues is very much a zero-tolerance forum, and your few contributions there varied from the off-hand and flippant to the revolting.

In particular, in respect of the "wife of 5 years having an affair and blogs about it", asking the OP for a link to the blog was worthy of a PI permaban by itself.

moderately,
    Scofflaw
    Hi - but the example you cite was a reasonable request. I didn't know this was a private blog and queried with OP if there was a link to which if IIRC he said it was private. I don't think he had an issue so where was the issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hi there Paddy, you've had a ruling from the CMod and I completely back that. The PI and RI forums are for sensitive issues and if someone posts in despair that their ex is blogging about an affair it shows crass insensitivity to ask that person for a link. If you know that and are trolling then a ban is deserved, if you can't see how insensitive it is then you really don't deserve to be allowed post in that forum.

Case closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement