Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Gypsy Jazz Ensemble - where to buy their album?

Options
  • 01-03-2012 3:59pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knew where to buy an album by the Waterford Gypsy Jazz Ensemble?

I can get it on iTunes, but I prefer to have something physical to hold whenever I hand over money (CDs are easier to loan to people too).

I'm guessing BPM on Blackfriar's Walk would be a good bet, but does anyone know one way or the other?

Thanks.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Just wondering if anyone knew where to buy an album by the Waterford Gypsy Jazz Ensemble?

I can get it on iTunes, but I prefer to have something physical to hold whenever I hand over money (CDs are easier to loan to people too).

I'm guessing BPM on Blackfriar's Walk would be a good bet, but does anyone know one way or the other?

Thanks.

BPM closed a while ago. Not sure where you would get it. Not too many music shops left. Golden discs and Rainbow records are to only 2 now i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Think I saw it on the counter in Book Centre a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Niall0001

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

They are playing at Christ Church Cathedral on Sunday, 4th March at 12 noon - I'm sure they'll have a few CDs to sell there. Admission is €7/€5 concession. Children under 14 free. Tickets 051 858958 or on the door from 11:30am on the day of the concert.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Cheers folks.

I'll check out the above and let ya know how I get on.

Kieran.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 rebelpebble

Check out their facebook page and you can contact them directly then. https://m.facebook.com/people/Waterford-Gypsy-Jazz-Ensemble/100001402986215

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WGJE

Hi!

Just got notified about this thread, so I figured we should probably register ourselves!

Thanks for the interest, our album is available in the Book Centre at the main counter (not 100% if there's actually any left at the mo!), but we will have some available this Sunday at our gig in Christ Church Cathedral as was mentioned above.

Regards,

W.G.J.E. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

WGJE wrote: »
    Hi!

Just got notified about this thread, so I figured we should probably register ourselves!

Thanks for the interest, our album is available in the Book Centre at the main counter (not 100% if there's actually any left at the mo!), but we will have some available this Sunday at our gig in Christ Church Cathedral as was mentioned above.

Regards,

W.G.J.E. :-)

Looking forward to this, keep up the good work :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Thanks again.

I can't make it tomorrow, but I will definitely call into the Book Centre during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Brilliant muscians and really enjoyed the gig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WGJE

Max Powers wrote: »
    Brilliant muscians and really enjoyed the gig

Thanks very much! :-) We were delighted with the turnout! Mad to see so many people at such a strange time in an odd venue on a strange day!! Great buzz altogther!

Thanks for coming out!

-W.G.J.E

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jeshooah

Don't know if anyone can help me here.. I'm a fairly proficient guitarist and I've been a long time interested in klezmer, gypsy jazz and balkan music. Live in the Wesht and I cany find a teacher who can set me on the gypsy path! Does anyone know a teacher either in and around Westport (or Mayo in general) or someone close to Dundalk? ( I'll be movin up there in September to study music in Dundalk IT)

Advertisement