Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-fi

Options
  • 01-03-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all, can anyone tell me where esle in the city centre i can get wi-fi as sick of walking to the fitzwilton hotel,dont mind paying for a drink while i use it..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DeiseforLiam

My free wi-fi finder app says McDonald's, Cafe Kylemore and Statoil.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Gotta pay for those I think, they are all with eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭stephen1968

Jenny1 wrote: »
    My free wi-fi finder app says McDonald's, Cafe Kylemore and Statoil.
    hi whats the name of the app please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Isn't it a sad state off affairs that the business of the city like Geoff s, coffee shops pubs do not offer wifi , no wonder they are doing nothing, it would cost them bugger all and would bring some business.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DeiseforLiam

"Free Wi-Fi Finder" by JiWire Inc. but maybe it's not that reliable so. It got the best ratings of what's available.

• Advertisement

thats true,i dont mind sitting in the dar at the fitzilton hotel having a few beers,but like i said trying to find some where closer in the centre...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

during the day you can use the library Wi-fi

old gregg wrote: »
    during the day you can use the library Wi-fi
    thanks thats 5mins from mine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Espresso has free wifi...as does brasserie...you have to ask for code but you can save it after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Personally i use Tracey's hotel. it's comfy, seriously fast and Nobody bothers you. I have spent a few hours there from time to time and only had a couple of coffee's.

also i think Bagel Bar had free wifi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I passed Supermacs yesterday and I'm nearly sure they had a sign in the window advertising free wifi. Not sure it would be worth it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Adyx wrote: »
    I passed Supermacs yesterday and I'm nearly sure they had a sign in the window advertising free wifi. Not sure it would be worth it though.

I saw that to but its not free its eircom but when you make an account your first ten minutes are free !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

The Library has free Wifi if you join got this from http://www.waterfordcity.ie/library/news.htm

We are delighted to announce that we now provide a free Wi-Fi service to library customers. All 3 Library Branches at Lady Lane, Ardkeen, and Brown’s Road offer free wireless access (Wi-Fi) in public areas at all times when the libraries are open. Getting online is quick and easy, and best of all there are no session time limits or restrictions. hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

The Marina Hotel used to have free Wifi, dunno about right now though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

gman2k wrote: »
    The Marina Hotel used to have free Wifi, dunno about right now though...

Abrakebabra/chick king do if you fancy a burger while your online :)

ziedth wrote: »
    Personally i use Tracey's hotel. it's comfy, seriously fast and Nobody bothers you. I have spent a few hours there from time to time and only had a couple of coffee's.

also i think Bagel Bar had free wifi.

just looking back at this thread and now working at the hotel since sept 2011

Advertisement