Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Months People!!!

• 01-03-2012 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Is there enough time?
    March/ April - Restricted access course interviews, auditions, entrance exams

April - Orals, Practicals

May - cramming month!

June - it has arrived.

Anything else missing?
    Seriously, study tips? Is there anything to do that will help in the run-up to the LC?

Edit: seeing some of the comments, I didn't mean to give ye mini heart attacks! LOL! but believe me I had one too. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Is there enough time?
    March/ April - Restricted access course interviews, auditions, entrance exams

April - Orals, Practicals

May - cramming month!

June - it has arrived.

Anything else missing?
    Seriously, study tips? Is there anything to do that will help in the run-up to the LC?
    Saying goodbye to your social life is a good start :o

I plan to make flashcards after my mocks and do all the exam questions in all my subjects, and reread all my textbooks and highlight important bits. Torture! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

Good plan :)

To be honest, I've NEVER used flash cards but I am going to start! For lent! Haha :)

Social life? What bloody social life?! lol I stopped going out before my mocks and studied like a mad person. It reeeeaally paid of though. :)

Honestly though, I think doing past papers is the BEST and most beneficial way to study for the Leaving Cert. Ya think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Good plan :)

To be honest, I've NEVER used flash cards but I am going to start! For lent! Haha :)

Social life? What bloody social life?! lol I stopped going out before my mocks and studied like a mad person. It reeeeaally paid of though. :)

Honestly though, I think doing past papers is the BEST and most beneficial way to study for the Leaving Cert. Ya think?
    I've never used them either but I wrote out little notes beside my geography SRP's and it helped loads, so I plan to use them for that :P

Haha same, hopefully my mocks will show that too :D

I agree especially for subjects like maths, but you have to make sure you do things that havent been asked before and dont get carried away with just the last few years of questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

holy **** its 3 months. jesus. i think i've started regressing psychologically.... kind of like mentally curling up into a corner in my mind and trying to become a child again...... **** **** **** 12 weeks holy ****

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

holy **** its 3 months. jesus. i think i've started regressing psychologically.... kind of like mentally curling up into a corner in my mind and trying to become a child again...... **** **** **** 12 weeks holy ****

This is pretty much my reaction, doesn't seem like it's really three months away at all! D:

• Advertisement

Can I scare ye even more...? lol

Someone said it's about 15 weeks.

:O

And 6 til Orals!

:S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Seeing the reality of 3 months left gave me a mini heart attack :O!!!
    But anyway im hoping for any over 500 points and after mocks got around 420-430 :P hope i hav time :/

Best of luck! That's a really good result though! I haven't all my mocks back yet unfortunately :(

Advertisement