Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Bash v Eye, Alvarez v Aoki @ Bellator 66

• 01-03-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭

Great news coming from the States. Not only is Alvarez v Aoki a great match up, but Ais The Bash gets another shot in the Bellator cage against Jessica Eye, who Ais bettered last June!
    Bellator Fighting Championships is heading to Ohio for the third time when Bellator 66 takes place April 20 at the I-X Center in Cleveland.

Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney today announced a headlining rematch between lightweights Eddie Alvarez (22-3 MMA, 6-1 BFC) and Shinya Aoki (30-5 MMA, 0-0 BFC).

Additionally, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the event that the organization is finalizing a rematch between 125-pounders Aisling Daly (13-2 MMA, 0-1 BFC) and Jessica Eye (6-1 MMA, 1-0 BFC).

Bellator 66's main card airs on MTV2 while preliminary-card fights stream on Spike.com.

MMAjunkie.com previously passed along news of the Alvarez vs. Aoki fight. The pair originally met in December 2008, when Aoki needed just 92 seconds to submit Alvarez via heel hook at DREAM "Dynamite!! 2008." Since that meeting, Aoki has pieced together an 11-2 mark while Alvarez has gone 8-1, which included a November Bellator title loss to Michael Chandler is one of the year's best fights.

Eye and Daly, meanwhile, met in a June 2011 NAAFS title fight in Cleveland, where Daly used a fourth-round submission to deliver Eye her first career loss. Both fighters are now carrying-three fight win streaks. In fact, following an NAAFS win over Kelly Warren earlier this month, Cleveland's Eye campaigned for a rematch with the Irish fighter, as detailed in this week's Women's MMA Report.

"I've got to be upfront and honest here," she said. "Aisling Daly beat me fair and square. I'll never take anything away from that because she beat me but ... that's the past, and I've got a bright future."

Additional Bellator 66 fights will be announced in the coming weeks.

Bellator's first Ohio show took place in Dayton at Hara Arena in 2009. The event, Bellator 5, featured Toby Imada's inverted-triangle-choke victory over Jorge Masvidal, which won that year's World MMA Award for "Submission of the Year." Additionally, this past September, Bellator 51 took place at Canton Memorial Civic Center in Canton.

Thought i'd be watching this for Alvarez v Aoki when that fight was rumoured, but will definitely be watching for Ais Daly! Good luck Ais!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Thank you!! :) the article is a little wrong I actually won in round 2 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Aisling! wrote: »
    Good luck Aisling were all rooting for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

Really looking forward to this, Alvarez / Aoki is a bonus!

Congrats Ais, IMO you've been keeping Irish MMA in the international spotlight for the last couple of years & you're still rising!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Just4Kicks

Best of luck Aisling!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Aisling! wrote: »
    Are you still fighting Rosi Sexton Aisling?

• Advertisement
Advertisement