Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starting over!

• 01-03-2012 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

It was easier to start a new log then to go looking for my old one!

I stopped logging 6 months ago but didn’t stop running altogether.

Most weeks I have been getting out for 2 runs and doing 2 – 3 bootcamps still.
    I am happy I maintained my fitness over the winter and hoping to improve it more now we are coming into spring.

I stopped logging because I wasn’t really training for anything in particular and I wasn’t giving it enough effort to be honest so I didn’t think it warranted a log in comparison to all your training logs for half and full marathons etc.

So this time around I have a plan!!

I done the operation transformation 5k really enjoyed that. Finished it in 36 mins. (Was 37 mins last year) wanted 35! I actually felt like I was only ruinning for about 20 mins, there were no marks and my garmin wasnt working so I started using Nike+ gps on my phone, so I was out by about 800m, had no idea until i seen the finishing , so had to sprint the last 500-600 m! not good!:D

I have signed up for the Join Ray for 5K (I really want one of those t-shirts!), want to finish in 35 mins or under??

Loose plans for GIR? Head just cant commit yet, I keep thinking about the hills! Nearly everyone in work is doing it too so that scares me as well. Any plan for this will be just to finish it! With a record of 1hr 22 mins (or something like that) it shouldn’t be hard to beat or should it??

Have signed up for the Flora mini marathon (finished 74 mins last year) want to finish in 70 mins (or less).

Will see what happens then!

So this week:

Sunday: 6k – 42 mins, enjoyable, ran with a friend who is faster but I’m capable of pacing now just still takes more out of me then her.

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: 5k – 37 mins, enjoyed this run no pressure, fast in places, very slow in others. Have conquered my hill! Need to find another nemesis.

Wednesday: 5k -37mins much the same as above.

Today (Thursday) Rest .

Friday: Plan 5k fast

Saturday: Bootcamp. (Depending on husband working and mammy stuff)

Sunday: Plan 8k slow.

Lets see how it goes from here!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

welcome back :). Good luck with the 5km and 10km goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ILOVERED

Friday: 2nd March.

5k planned: 5k done - 36 mins.

Loved this run this evening.
    Wind wasnt great for first half, grand for second part.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

just wondering what time the minimarathon starts - my wonderful wife is thinking of doing it for the first time?

boodiebhoy wrote: »
    just wondering what time the minimarathon starts - my wonderful wife is thinking of doing it for the first time?

It usually starts at 3pm, I am sure it's the same this year too.

Run with Ray on Friday it was great craic, a lovely day for it!

35 mins! Delighted with myself until someone told me that someone walked it in 31 mins?? Find that hard to believe???

Anyway have been aiming for 7min k since I started running and Friday I done it with a little ease, 3-4k Mark was a little hard there was good hills in there. The run was actually over the 5k so I may have even got under the 35 mins.

GIR next Sunday still so nervous, haven't done enough 10k training but will just take my time on it and enjoy the atmosphere.

• Advertisement

Great Ireland run on Sunday, strangely enough I enjoyed it. Had myself worked up a few days beforehand but eventually settled down after deciding I just had to go out and do it.
    Finished in 1 hr 15 mins, nearly 6 mins faster then last year. Promise to be more prepared next year! :)

Now on to the mini marathon!

Advertisement