Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stadium expansion

Options
  • 01-03-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭

Ok -I'm looking to increase my stadium size

so i know about the spreadsheet...I'm not overly sure its 100% accurate anymore!

Heres what I got:

Standing 500
    Uncovered 5500
    covered 4000
    member 1200
    corporates 150

total 11350

I currently have 1643 members (and rising!) who are at cheery.
    I'm selling out home games..... i think i should increase my stadium size to 13,000...

Standing 0
    Uncovered 6325
    covered 5000
    member 1500
    corporate 175

what do people think?

it'll cost 357,500 & take 29 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I was regularly selling out at 13200 when i had roughly the same amount of members. Unless you're forecasting bad days ahead in the league I'd go a bit higher if you can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

corny wrote: »
    I was regularly selling out at 13200 when i had roughly the same amount of members. Unless you're forecasting bad days ahead in the league I'd go a bit higher if you can afford it.

ah i cant really afford too much more - otherwise i'd go to 20k :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Corny, How much match revenue would that equate to roughly?

Did a lil upgrade there recently, but thinking of taking a much bigger plunge if i'm gonna be in division I!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

i agree with corny. i was selling out 11,500 stadium with roughly equal members as you have. just waiting for the upgrade to be built now. spend as much as you can possibly afford on an upgrade.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    How much match revenue would that equate to roughly?

my match revenue was 471,258 for last weeks home game. sold out everything except members. they left few hundred empty seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Corny, How much match revenue would that equate to roughly?

Did a lil upgrade there recently, but thinking of taking a much bigger plunge if i'm gonna be in division I!

520,251 last home game. I've 1101 standing though. johnnys no standing in my stadium approach is probably better.

Even through a very bad run in the league of late (lost 4 on the bounce now) with a drop to Buoyant i'm still selling out. Actually i can't remember not selling out a league game since being in division 2.

I should have between 600k-1.3mil to spare at the end of this season,(600k from league win) and depending if I sell some younger players or not. Could pick up any amount for them really ranging from 300k-1 Mil +.

Might put it all into stadium.

I removed all my standing with the last upgrade, and replaced with covered, so now i've about 9900 seats. Sells out every week. Contentment is as high as it can be.

I've seen all the stadium calculators, but purely to increase revenue am I better just focusing on covered/uncovered? Or corporate / members?

Have 1500 or so memebrs. ( currently 900 member seats + 85 corporate )

Just looking there.. upgrading stadium to 20,000 would cost me 1,300,325 but match profits after expenses would increase to 350,000. ( If I sell out, which in Div I, i think I would? )

Advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

How do you think you'll do in the new division?

Could have a big baring on contentment and as a result attendences, which might make it risky.

I have a newly expanded 13500 seater stadium and am not quite filling it the last two games (but close , only a few hundred short) with 1814 members at content-charmed contentment. Although I blame away fans not filling their part.

I would say you'll be set with the away third and you should get a really good boost in member numbers in division I considering I'm still gaining members in div III but doubling your stadium size is a huge increase if your contentment will be taking a hit next year.

I wouldn't do it (but I'm a coward who will only increase his stadium by about 3000 max at any one time :)). I still work off multiplying your member number by 9-9.5 assuming you'll have good contentment, which would put you about my size stadium now. I think safely assuming a big increase in members next season you could very comfortably go to 16000-17000 with decent contentment. The problem comes if your contentment crashes and you've spent all your cash reserves on the stadium increase than you get be in money trouble easily (but as I say I'm a coward :pac:)

If I'm honest, I think I'll be staying up with a 4-6 place finish, and maybe a top 4 finish if I pick my battles. Granted I could be blown out of the water, but i'm optimistic at least! The top 2 are 30 ranking points ahead of me, so I wont loose much contentment if I WNWIM those games. I expect to maintain a mid-high level of contentment.

I'll look at putting it up to 16-17k maybe. I'd easily have clear funds to do that, and it would close to double my current numbers. Then if I stay up again, and sell out 16/17k I'll expand again.

If I'm honest, I think I'll be staying up with a 4-6 place finish, and maybe a top 4 finish if I pick my battles. Granted I could be blown out of the water, but i'm optimistic at least! The top 2 are 30 ranking points ahead of me, so I wont loose much contentment if I WNWIM those games. I expect to maintain a mid-high level of contentment.

I'll look at putting it up to 16-17k maybe. I'd easily have clear funds to do that, and it would close to double my current numbers. Then if I stay up again, and sell out 16/17k I'll expand again.

Sounds like a plan. I don't think you'll lose any contentment if the team are ranked more than 10 points ahead of you btw. At least beyond the normal levelling out of contentment.

• Advertisement

meant to come back and say that i went to 14k

hopefully it'll sell out most of the time now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 majorblack

If you have 1400 members and if you provide a seat for them will they all turn up?

majorblack wrote: »
    If you have 1400 members and if you provide a seat for them will they all turn up?

No!

It will depend on your contentment levels on how many turn up but remember your gaining members the whole time so if you have empty seats now at least you have them already built for when your member numbers are higher and they do turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

majorblack wrote: »

I find that only about 70-75% of them show up at charmed-cheery levels

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Worth getting rid of standing spaces? I've noticed some of the larger more established teams are going around with 0 standing spaces.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Worth getting rid of standing spaces? I've noticed some of the larger more established teams are going around with 0 standing spaces.

I don't no if there is definite maths on it. I've seen it said that you lose a small bit of money on standing spaces but in my opinion they make a profit but it's so small it's not worth expanding the standing section as you'll never make construction costs back.

So worth keepimg but not expanding imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

mar-z wrote: »
    I don't no if there is definite maths on it. I've seen it said that you lose a small bit of money on standing spaces but in my opinion they make a profit but it's so small it's not worth expanding the standing section as you'll never make construction costs back.

So worth keepimg but not expanding imo.

I believe they make a small profit, the original wisedom was they were lose making so everyone deleted them then i think it was either tweaked or more research was done, but was found to make a small profit so the older teams would have them deleted and not bother to rebuild any. hence you see longer more established teams with no standing (and I have no standing for the same reason!)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

as far as i know as long as there full you make a small profit but playing against a bot or not filling them is costly

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

yeah, the real gains are in playing the early cup rounds or if there's a team with a low member base in your league.
    if you sell out EVERY game, you will make a tiny bit more by having standing, around $1 per space, but if you have a bot game on the horizon you'd make back the cost of destruction in that game alone (if you're not expanding construction fee is only $5k plus $10 per standing space destroyed)

dont have the figures on hand but go for it, you'd be a fool not to imo. the game against the bot that replaced me in 3.9 will more than pay back the demolition,

random rough figures
    1 k spaces x 7 home league games per season = 7k to be made in the league max from having it
    (and you wont sell out the 7 home games) couple of potential home cup games sold out, max per season income from standing less than 10k (ish)

i made 20k more against bots by removing it, 1 bot game per season and you're better off, i dont see the first round of the cup being all human teams at any point in the forseeable future

Clampett... that seems to make a lot of sense. Though I have to ask "Why doesn't everybody do it?"

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Clampett... that seems to make a lot of sense. Though I have to ask "Why doesn't everybody do it?"

honestly dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

with the new staff calculations, how does an over sized stadium effect your costs?

i.e. how do the empty seats hurt you?

crisco10 wrote: »
    with the new staff calculations, how does an over sized stadium effect your costs?

i.e. how do the empty seats hurt you?

This is what I was wondering...

E&G

cclampett wrote: »
    random rough figures
    1 k spaces x 7 home league games per season = 7k to be made in the league max from having it
    (and you wont sell out the 7 home games) couple of potential home cup games sold out, max per season income from standing less than 10k (ish)

i made 20k more against bots by removing it, 1 bot game per season and you're better off, i dont see the first round of the cup being all human teams at any point in the forseeable future

Re the bold bit, it's been at least 3-4 years since standing hasn't been sold out for me including bot games in the cup with the contentment hit from relegation. This is with the original 1000 standing places. Tbh I would say if I was starting again I might get rid but after 3-4 or so seasons I would say you should be filling the original standing section handily enough (although my member numbers would have been effected by promoting to div II in my fourth season through a bot flush so my experience might not be that normal)

As with Crisco and Fewcifur I would also wonder what effect the new dynamic staff levels have on this.

I'm almost tempted to get rid of standing to see what it does to my matchday income.

There'd be a great case for it if the bot-loss bit was backed up. I've been looking around for info on the various other BR forums, but all the stadium talk seems to be dated back to the golden era of staffing requirements etc.

I'm currently at 100% for everything bar corporate, even on average contentment, so it is time to expand... just don't want to get the builders in without this standing thing resolved :)

if you sell it out against bots, then i cant see reason to remove it, i removed my standing area very early, and wasnt selling it out against bots when i did

i also only built up uncovered to around 85% of it's potential capacity, again there's little profit to be made from it and the savings in non sold out games outweighed the profits form selling it over the course of a season

maybe when you do expand, lower the standing a tiny bit, just enough that you're guaranteed to always sell out that section

and if uncovered is close to its potential, dont waste money on expanding it this time around

fewi, pm me in-game with your members, how many you gain in a typical week, the contentment you expect to maintain, your current stadium sizes per section, and how much your willing to spend on expanding, i'll have a look and reply with my recommendation
    or wait a few weeks and ask fetch and mouse how their expansion went for them, i just recommended expansions for them yesterday

Edit: oh, just for the sake of accurracy, i did say around $1 profit per standing space, but if you really want to get into the nuts and bolts of it the real figure is much closer to 65 cents profit per space

Ah I just went ahead and did it anyway, sure it's only a game :D

Where are you getting all this info from is what I'm curious about. I've seen loads of calculators about, but none of them are that recent, and I can't seem to find anything about staffing draining you since it's no longer set by the user. Must actually do some experiments and see... but is there a new calculator on the off-site or something?

i still use my own calculator, and adjust it a bit in my head

members and corporate comes up too high by around 5%, other than that it seems to be spot on for what gives the best profits

though i rarely get feedback from it, but noticed it is still being used regularly, so it must be working out ok for clubs in different situations

• Advertisement

Just to come back on this after my expansion has finished.

I have 1748 members. So going by the 8.5x rule (although i;ve seen it around as 9.5x) -i have a stadium of around 14800 (i have 14K).

I dumped the standing room and have the below setup

Uncovered 7150
    covered 5150
    member seats 1500
    corporates 200

and i'm still getting the same numbers into home matches (about 11K)

so income wise, I'm still getting the same, but expenditure is UP by 30k per match (so I'm out of pocket).

I'd have thought that the quality of my opposition (league III.6 would bring in more fans than they are, but that idea looks to be wrong!! :( stadium is only about 80% full now

thats 490K wasted so :eek:

Advertisement