Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying Bill Early

Options
  • 01-03-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I am signed up to direct debit and my bill is due to be debited at the end of next week but I was wondering if it was possible to pay the bill early online or at Payzone or similar?

I seem to remember doing this once and even though I paid it early, I was still direct debited the following week.

Just wondering if there is a way around it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Hazelanalyst,

You can make a manual payment on your Electric Ireland account no problem, but to be absolutely sure it over-rides a direct debit, give it a window of six working days. It can take up to this amount of time for a manual payment to process - between this side, and the side of the channel via which it is paid.

Given the time-frame you have outlined, it may be safer not to make the manual payment on this particular bill - it could be on time, but there is no way to be absolutely sure. Here is our payment options page for reference though.

Just to note: It is not advised to do this too often if you pay by direct debit, as it could affect a direct debit discount.

All the best :)
    Una

Advertisement