Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eden in Blackrock as a buy to let property?

Options
  • 01-03-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

My Uncle has been made redundant and is looking to invest the money wisely and try and get some income coming in. He will putting his saving in and taking a part loan.

Apartments in Eden seem to have come way down in price and the location looks good.

This is solely as an investment and will be rented out.

Do do ye reckon? Feedback welcome:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Barr wrote: »
    Hi All

My Uncle has been made redundant and is looking to invest the money wisely and try and get some income coming in. He will putting his saving in and taking a part loan.

Apartments in Eden seem to have come way down in price and the location looks good.

This is solely as an investment and will be rented out.

Do do ye reckon? Feedback welcome:)

For what it's worth, I lived in Blackrock Grove, which is the Skehard Road end of it.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. We were the first tenants in the apartment and couldn't wait to get out. The plumbing was a mess, so our kitchen sink stank like a sewer, our clothes came out of the washing machine smelling awful. You put bleach down the toilet and the washing machine would smell of bleach. It was impossible to heat. You would have to sit on top of the radiator. Long, cold hall, big windows and cold bedrooms and living room. We had mould growing on the walls almost straight away. Outside, one parking space per apartment, so many cars outside everywhere that you would be lucky to get to park in your own space.

The neighbours were not great to be polite. Roaming Scum teenagers at night, the Gardai chasing them were a regular occurrence.

Seriously, badly built, badly designed, I haven't got anything positive to say about the place to be honest. The apartments may well be slightly better, but I can tell you that they are the same design roughly and that parking is a joke.

He would probably find a safer bet elsewhere. I wouldn't imagine that Eden will stand the test of time.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I havent been in the buildings so i cant comment on them, but I didnt think the local area Ballintemple more and old black road are the worst...Most of the newly built places I bet will not last long as said before, they were just thrown together and built to quickly..

There are a few houses and that around the area for sale might be a better option

Advertisement